ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AVG LinkScanner

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I'm still not running any AV on my desktop as I was a bit put off by the new AVG.

I hadn't even looked at the new one, the other half had installed it on the laptop with all the features turned on and I hated it so didn't bother.

Now she's redone it with the linkscanner not installed and it's gone back to being a bit better so might chuck it on and see how it goes, terrible thing though :p

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
We run the network version of AVG and had to upgrade to AVG 8. Its full of holes and bugs, very frustrating - even the admin tool doesnt work in sync with some features!

Got it working nicely at the moment with a few workarounds but you shouldnt have to do workarounds when your paying for a product.

.... oh yeah and that link scanner has to be the worst software idea ever! who ever thought of that wants shooting.

Shed.
Ive used Avg 7.5 since it came out, been a good AV and one which did what it was ment to do, for free. I dont trust the new one what so ever and its a pain in the ass, and will be changing it upon reinatalling my system (im on a stripped out version of XP - i dont trust that either).

What everyone using instead ?