ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AVG Problem

Hi all,

I am experiencing a prob when my auto scan gets half way through doing it's thing and was wondering if anyone else is either having this problem or can you help me out?

The message I get is "AVG Scanning Core Module - Server Part has Stopped Working".

Any ideas?
Mark

Audi S3 225
Have you tried reinstalling it? If that doesnt work i recommend eset nod32. Have been using for about 6 months and am verry happy with it. I used to use avg but it kept crashing for me.

Have you tried reinstalling it? If that doesnt work i recommend eset nod32. Have been using for about 6 months and am verry happy with it. I used to use avg but it kept crashing for me.
yeah mate I have tried uninstalling and then re-installing and got the same prob half way through a scan!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
What version are you using Mark ? I'm using version 8.0.233 .

I've not had that problem but i do find it takes forever doing a scan and sometimes does a random scan when it's not scheduled .

DMS

A thirsty 172
If you haven't got a clue where to start to resolve this, why not just uninstall AVG and give Avast a try? It's better IMO, uses fewer system resources.

What version are you using Mark ? I'm using version 8.0.233 .

I've not had that problem but i do find it takes forever doing a scan and sometimes does a random scan when it's not scheduled .
Yeah I'm using the same version as you Andy as I have just checked. I know what you mean about the scanning time as each scan on mine takes around 90 mins!!! I have never had it do random scans though?

If you haven't got a clue where to start to resolve this, why not just uninstall AVG and give Avast a try? It's better IMO, uses fewer system resources.
Where did you get Avast from mate? You got any links?

Cheers
Mark