ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aviva = Robbing b******s

Jap Box
Well after weeks of looking for quotes ive found decent ones at around £700.

Now, I get my renewal through from Aviva, £4000, I laughed as expected and then read further into it all.

Turns out they have put down on my policy that "Client swerved" in November, I then made a claim on it, in which im at fault, £0 cost and it has void my years no claims.

Now I have no idea what this is on about as ive never rung them before apart from the windscreen claim, which is on the policy too and doesnt go against me.

Tried getting hold of them but to no avail so ill try properly on my day off to grill them about it.

Any advise on this? To begin with they sent me someone elses insurance documents which shows their liable to mistakes, I have also kept that document as proof incase they ever did f**k me over like this.

Joke is im trying quotes now and their all £1600, which im simply not able to pay.

If a claim was made by me surely they would have contacted me somehow, with a letter or something explaining whats happened, as ive had nothing through at all, pissed off is an understatement :mad:

Aviva are s**t.

After I got a years NCB they doubled my premium then added my NCB which halved it back down to what it was the year before.

Jap Box
Aviva are s**t.

After I got a years NCB they doubled my premium then added my NCB which halved it back down to what it was the year before.

Glad to hear im not the only one then, my mates with them too and when he went to claim ith them (A gritter reversed into his parked car) aviva put it down as his fault and there was no way the council would accep the blame, the next day the council rung up and took the blame, aviva still wanted to try and make it to go 50/50 though for some reason.

Pay it off £5 a month.

Im getting my first installment next week.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't understand. I just phoned Aviva 5 minutes ago and got through straight away. I look forward to the whole story coming out eventually. Lift the phone and ask some questions. Ask when the claim was made and by whom.

Oh and if you're getting quotes of £1600 elsewhere why are you surprised? I'm guessing you have told the quoting insurance companies that you now have 0 no claims?

Jap Box
I don't understand. I just phoned Aviva 5 minutes ago and got through straight away. I look forward to the whole story coming out eventually. Lift the phone and ask some questions. Ask when the claim was made and by whom.

Oh and if you're getting quotes of £1600 elsewhere why are you surprised? I'm guessing you have told the quoting insurance companies that you now have 0 no claims?

I got through to them, just didnt get anywhere with finding out about the claim on my record, they seemed clueless. Il do it again thursday on my day off o ive got all day to go through it with them.

Yep the new quotes include 0ncd as opposed to the 1 year I should have, takes the piss to be honest if aviva dont pull their finger out of their arse considering they were happy enough to take £1800 off me for the policy to begin.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
So you got a quote of £1600 even though you still have 0 ncb. Hmm you seem a little upset about saving money.

Truth is you weren't asking the right questions. Simple questions like can I have a copy of my 1 years NCB emailed to me so I can peruse other quotes before commiting to another year.

Once you have that piece of paper you'll be fine. Forget about the claim and never insure with them again. If you were ever in an accident and the new insurance company said you never declared a claim you simply explain you have never claimed and you have a piece of paper stating you have 1 years NCB.

Maybe you should get an adult to phone. Mistakes happen but don't blame the insurance company because you have no idea what questions you're asking.

Most complaints on here about different companies being wrong are actually the OP's fault because they can't deal with things in the correct manner.

Jap Box
So you got a quote of £1600 even though you still have 0 ncb. Hmm you seem a little upset about saving money.

Truth is you weren't asking the right questions. Simple questions like can I have a copy of my 1 years NCB emailed to me so I can peruse other quotes before commiting to another year.

Once you have that piece of paper you'll be fine. Forget about the claim and never insure with them again. If you were ever in an accident and the new insurance company said you never declared a claim you simply explain you have never claimed and you have a piece of paper stating you have 1 years NCB.

Maybe you should get an adult to phone. Mistakes happen but don't blame the insurance company because you have no idea what questions you're asking.

Most complaints on here about different companies being wrong are actually the OP's fault because they can't deal with things in the correct manner.

How am I saving money? Ive had quotes for £700 with a years NCB, which I now dont have due to Aviva putting a claim against me which doesnt exist, it says on the form here that I have a claim thats my fault which has void my NCB.

They wont give me the years NCB because they say it was lost in this "accident" which I didnt even have. I didnt have time to take it further with them earlier and ill have to on thursday as I need that NCB or ive lost my car, all thanks to their shitty service.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I never minded you, but f**k me you're retarded.

It's obviously a mistake, there's no need to pull your pants down and start yanking on your dick, just chill out. Get other quotes with other insurers for having 1 year NCD and get Aviva to sort out the other situation by removing the blatantly non existent claim and issuing you with proof of NCD.

It's really not very difficult.

How am I saving money? Ive had quotes for £700 with a years NCB, which I now dont have due to Aviva putting a claim against me which doesnt exist, it says on the form here that I have a claim thats my fault which has void my NCB.

They wont give me the years NCB because they say it was lost in this "accident" which I didnt even have. I didnt have time to take it further with them earlier and ill have to on thursday as I need that NCB or ive lost my car, all thanks to their shitty service.

Because your renewal was £4000?

Ask them for details on when it happened, who phoned up and what date/time it was registered and settled as an accident and go from there.

e92 330i
Just ring them. If you didn't have a claim, it's obviously a mistake. Mistakes can be fixed, and you can have your ncd.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
How am I saving money?

1800 last year and 1600 this year. Your words not mine.

The fact is this could have been sorted out by you quicker.

Oh and instead of being on here you could be on the phone to them.

Jap Box
I never minded you, but f**k me you're retarded.

It's obviously a mistake, there's no need to pull your pants down and start yanking on your dick, just chill out. Get other quotes with other insurers for having 1 year NCD and get Aviva to sort out the other situation by removing the blatantly non existent claim and issuing you with proof of NCD.

It's really not very difficult.

On the phone to them earlier they refused to remove the claim, I only had a short amount of time before work to contact them about it and within that time got no where.

If they will remove it and provide me with the NCD then id be pleased as then all my other quotes are spot on and im able to pay them in one lump sum as wanted :)

Hopefully ill get further with them on thursday with sorting it, to whoever said to ring them now instead, business hours are 9-5, I finished work at 5.

On the phone to them earlier they refused to remove the claim, I only had a short amount of time before work to contact them about it and within that time got no where.

If they will remove it and provide me with the NCD then id be pleased as then all my other quotes are spot on and im able to pay them in one lump sum as wanted :)

Hopefully ill get further with them on thursday with sorting it, to whoever said to ring them now instead, business hours are 9-5, I finished work at 5.

They don't all work business hours btw. Just checked there sit and says:

Or call us on 0844 891 1101**
Lines are open

Mon-Fri 8am-8pm,
Sat 9am-5pm & Sun 10am-4pm.

Jap Box
They don't all work business hours btw. Just checked there sit and says:

Or call us on 0844 891 1101**
Lines are open

Mon-Fri 8am-8pm,
Sat 9am-5pm & Sun 10am-4pm.

Ah ive been ringing up Brokering and going through them to be passed onto Aviva, ill try gettn through direct tomorrow. Thanks

Jap Box
Sorted this out :)

Got cover for £800 including windscreen, key cover and also breakdown. Pretty chuffed with the outcome