ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

awfull missfire!! please help!

Clio
washed my engine bay on monday and since then I have a terrible missfire, the car struggles to rev and engine vibrates as speed up. The ornage light (picture of the engine) keeps flashing on and off. Really worried, my thoughts are I have water in where the spark plugs and coils go, whats your thoughts? Will i need new coils and spark plugs?

Cheers, Mike

Clio
my dad will go mad lol, just bought me new set of plugs and coils, i wash my engine bay and theyre knackered :(.

CB600FS
Get the coils out (10mms) and get the spark plugs out (16mm spark plug socket) and get rid of any water in there. Could have got water into the electrics though, have you dried it all off? Get some WD40 around it aswell.

Was the engine running/hot when you washed it? lol

Audi TT 3.2 V6
i made this mistake

remove spark plugs, take a hair dryer to them, fire hair dryer down each cylinder, keep doing this till your car is fine n dandy.

Might need to get the aa out or the car connected to diagnostic machine to get the engine light turned off. or it might automatically turn off after a few miles of running on all 4 cylinders.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
forgot to say..dry ur spark plugs as well lol old rag on them and give them a blast with the hairdryer 2. will prob take 30mins or so to get the car to a point were it doesnt misfire

And then never ever wash an engine bay again. It's for girls.

And fags who spend more time buffing their car than they do driving it ;)

BMW M135i
And then never ever wash an engine bay again. It's for girls.

And fags who spend more time buffing their car than they do driving it ;)

Correct :rasp:, I cannot see peoples facination with having a mega clean engine bay. As long as everythings not covered in oil then its fine.

Last edited: