ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AWT Clio... 216bhp Video

i love it when it peeps say ah yeah but its a turbo

its a 1960s pushrod 1.4 8v ffs lol it bears relevance cos there both renault hatch backs tuned,

btw i think people are getting me confused here, i have upmost respect for that clio and the guy who built it, it is very very quick

thought id share another quick clip

the guy who built it has respect for anything fast.

However, despite its nature, boost is boost, and if you can support the flow, making power is not an issue.

yeah i know didnt mean to hijack it,

i guess the difference between the two is torque and where the car makes peak torque,

clio certainly sounds the business,

needs quicker gearchanges though ;)

BMW 320d Sport

Very interesting, thats quite an achievement for a valver - well done. Sounds crazy! From that 20mph rolling start it looks to hit 60 in around 6-and-a-half, and the ton in about 13 and it certainly goes round the speedo in pretty short order, especially over a ton where you cant disguise a lack of power with short gearing or light weight. Would be good to see a standing start to see how it launches, and what sort of times it can do off the blocks. Hows it idle?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

christ! well thats stopped the idea of getting rid of the valver right in its tracks!

What kind of performance drop would there be if the 1.8 block was used as a starting point? i know a megane head would be needed to fit the boddies but will it still make 200bhp?

idles better then Jesus cammed valver, very quiet through the gears until you open it up. 169@ the wheels on GDIs rollers, that gave 138 @the wheels for Martins nana (currently the fastest N/A MK1).

Launches arent bad, traction is a b**ch but itll be 1/4d for the first time 2moro so watch this space. Hope its not as humid as today though!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 18 June 2005

It looks about as quick as my lightly modded Cup.
Hmm I think my car would be more of an even match for yours.....14.08 for mine whereas I think Cleans is gonna be close to mid 13s...

yeah, seeing as it will beat Jons 14.0 I dont see how 14.2 car is going to touch it, thats laughable... think someone just wishes they car was that fast. hehe

Quote: Originally posted by Daz0rz on 18 June 2005

christ! well thats stopped the idea of getting rid of the valver right in its tracks!

What kind of performance drop would there be if the 1.8 block was used as a starting point? i know a megane head would be needed to fit the boddies but will it still make 200bhp?
If it was run in 1.8 making the torque curve will be that hardest part and would involve alot of altering of internal geometry, not something that is cheap.

On a std component bottom end, youd be lookign at about 8000rpm peak, some pretty wild cams, the megane head, same ITB setup, headwork. You can just about hit 200, but itll be peaky.

LY 200

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 18 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 18 June 2005

It looks about as quick as my lightly modded Cup.
:p
What i was thinkin!!!

Not getting banned for a "personal attack" so all il say is in 3 threads iv read in the last coulple of days only, neils come out with some classics!!!

Mainly where the mk1s concerned..........Are we seeing sour grapes!? Has one kicked your cup in to touch recently?:devilish:;)

williams and trophy

Quote: Originally posted by clean16v on 18 June 2005

idles better then Jesus cammed valver, very quiet through the gears until you open it up. 169@ the wheels on GDIs rollers, that gave 138 @the wheels for Martins nana (currently the fastest N/A MK1).

Launches arent bad, traction is a b**ch but itll be 1/4d for the first time 2moro so watch this space. Hope its not as humid as today though!
sorry mate...but the nana isnt the quickest n/a mk1 clio........that honour belongs to the 2 live tuned beastie<<<<<<<<<<< up to now i believe. but def the fastest williams around.

[Edited by 2 live on 19 June 2005 at 12:01am]

LY 200

Quote: Originally posted by 2 live on 18 June 2005

sorry mate...but the nana isnt the quickest n/a mk1 clio........that honour belongs to the 2 live tuned beastie<<<<<<<<<<< up to now i believe. but def the fastest williams around.

Thought Martins done a 13.9 1/4?

Martin and Jon have both run 14.0, but Jons is ever so slightly quicker... basically nothing in it, whoever runs the 13.9 first will win! lol

Clean16vs car will run a 13.5/6 @ 106 i reckon... once weathers a bit cooler anyway.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Quote: Originally posted by 2 live on 18 June 2005

Hey whats 4/100ths of a second between friends!;) I have a feeling there is gonna be some new best times tommorow anyway!:D

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 18 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Daz0rz on 18 June 2005

If it was run in 1.8 making the torque curve will be that hardest part and would involve alot of altering of internal geometry, not something that is cheap.

On a std component bottom end, youd be lookign at about 8000rpm peak, some pretty wild cams, the megane head, same ITB setup, headwork. You can just about hit 200, but itll be peaky.

Will engine it is then!

Mehdis run a 13.8 so far in 30+ degree heat... should see mid 13s EASY. Terminals are over 100mph too... so its a bit quicker than Neils Cup :p

Ive added a Maxogen since I did the 14.1 and 14.2@101 so hoping I might sneak a flat 14. Ill get a wee video of my speedo sometime so we can compare. :devilish: It will get a better 1/4 mile time but from the video it looks similar, possibly due to holding back on gear changes?

yeah, hes been taking it easy on the box in the run up today he said, that vid is taken on the pvt testing track near our houses and thats also up a gentle hill. should be some vids from York today at some point. weathers not been good for 1/4 miling tho... in fact driving full stop... lol