ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

B*****d insurance!

Just ahs a set of 172 mk1 headlights fitted to my car. When i rang up Budget about them last week to tell them i was thinking of having some fitted and how much extra would it cost etc, i was told "No worries there is no extra charge by the underwriters".

so i get them fitted and ring Budget back only to be told my insurance is null and void. Before the light change my insurance was £225 a year fully comp now they say axa will do them for, and wait for it.................................£370! F*****g rip off i say.

Anyone else had this problem, or know of cheaper insurance anywhere?

because i stuck these lights on. I havent got a clue as to any other reason.

Its not like ive done anything to the engine, which then i would expect higher premiums

Liverpool victoria for sure, I have lowered and changed seats and all kinds ... their policy is if it aint engine mods we are not arsed

just rang them quoted me £274.27 also rang perfomance direct and they will do it for £252.47, but i liked the sound of l/v better

Quote: Originally posted by lincswhite on 11 August 2004

just rang them quoted me £274.27 also rang perfomance direct and they will do it for £252.47, but i liked the sound of l/v better

Liv/Vic, good call! Excellent service for claims, IMO.

YMMV!

don't

was that ur lowest quotes without any haggling??

if u tell em sum1 else has already quoted u say £40 lower than that, they may try 2 match it

asy uve heard there a gd company and would prefer 2 go with them if they can match the lower original quote from so and so

Quote: Originally posted by Essexlad_Dave on 12 August 2004

was that ur lowest quotes without any haggling??

if u tell em sum1 else has already quoted u say £40 lower than that, they may try 2 match it

asy uve heard there a gd company and would prefer 2 go with them if they can match the lower original quote from so and so
i did a little haggling, told em about preformance direct but they took a bit off because im a member of a trade union, gotta ring them back later to have another go at it anyway mate

rang back insurer im with and told them im not putting them on

besides there might be a 172 sitting on the driveway next week;)

cheapest quote so far £405.70 with first alternative, not bad eh?

[Edited by lincswhite on 12 August 2004 at 7:09pm]

Quote: Originally posted by Sleepy172 on 11 August 2004

Liv/Vic, good call! Excellent service for claims, IMO.

YMMV!

lol thats crap for a start! ive been with Liv/Vic for 2yrs now, i had a crash in Jan 04, its taken them 7months to sort out my claim which woznt my fault, and now they r sayin i aint intitled to my 2yrs no claims! even tho the third party has admitted it was there fault, everytime i fone up Liv/Vic they keep sayin yes u will recieve ur 2yrs ncb back and they sed we will send u a renewal form back out with the correct details on, and everytime they send it out my premium has gone up buy 400quid!! and still with no 2yrs ncb!