ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

back again, but in a ph1

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Its been a long time in coming after selling my 182 back in feb 2008, but I'm back!

After a trip up to Bolton I bought Chris's (W17GLE) ph1 172 today. Chris has clearly looked after the car well and I am looking forward to getting it prep'd for trackdays.

The drive back from Bolton reminded me what I had been missing! :)

I'll get some picks up when the weather is better...

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Thanx, I see you have a black ph1 too... Nice wheels, what coilovers are you on?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Good stuff. Still using that Alpine HU I bought off you fella! Welcome to a shot in my track prepped ph1 if you need inspiration;).

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Good stuff. Still using that Alpine HU I bought off you fella! Welcome to a shot in my track prepped ph1 if you need inspiration;).

Lol! You remembered... Glad it wasnt a dud then.

Might take you up on your offer of a ride :)

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
hows it compare to the 182?

Very difficult to tell because I haven't driven a 182 for over 2 years. The ph1 has had its sound-deading taken out so it feels faster... Difficult to say at the mo. Give me a few weeks to figure it out

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Its a really nice car. Pulls very well too. Good buy mate.

It does pull really when when it gets up the rev range as I found out on the m6 on the way back. Weather wasnt the best so didn't push too hard. Definately got potential

audi a6 3.0tdi
i'm glad its staying on here. I tried to be as honest as possible with it while selling. I can't wait to see it done.

I've been enjoying having a turbo again though after a month not driving it.

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
i'm glad its staying on here. I tried to be as honest as possible with it while selling. I can't wait to see it done.

I've been enjoying having a turbo again though after a month not driving it.

Thanx again Chris, I bet you must have lol'd at me trying to do a 3 point turn infront of your house. I forgot where reverse was and cable-throttle FTL! lol

audi a6 3.0tdi
you'll soon get used to the cable throttle its not as smooth a fly by wire but its better when you want to blip the throttle. The gear gaitor doesn't help make it easy to change into reverse as it gets in the way a little.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
you'll soon get used to the cable throttle its not as smooth a fly by wire but its better when you want to blip the throttle. The gear gaitor doesn't help make it easy to change into reverse as it gets in the way a little.
Yep, cable is a bit jumpy at low revs. But then the FBW was always a bit funny when pulling away, always seem to need more revs than expected.