ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back boxes

BG 182 FF
Just had my Clio 182 FF fail it's MOT due to a leaking back box :'(
I've arranged my garage to just go ahead fitting new standard back boxes. They're charging £420 for the parts, labour and sorting out an issue with the ball joint on a front suspension arm.
A friend says I may as well throw my money away and to just get the whole exhaust done. I have looked at the Miltek and scorpion systems that can be fitted for under £450 alone but I would still then need a retest and the ball joint looking at.
The MOT runs out in a few days.
Are the standard boxes really that bad? Is it worth looking at alternatives or will standard last a few years?
Thanks.

Not sure about the state of the rest of the exhaust or if it's been changed in the past 10years

Ball joints are about £20 and can fit yourself in 10mins, get a full stainless system for almost the price of a oem back box that tend not too last very long

BG 182, BMW 320d
Just had my Clio 182 FF fail it's MOT due to a leaking back box :'(
I've arranged my garage to just go ahead fitting new standard back boxes. They're charging £420 for the parts, labour and sorting out an issue with the ball joint on a front suspension arm.
A friend says I may as well throw my money away and to just get the whole exhaust done. I have looked at the Miltek and scorpion systems that can be fitted for under £450 alone but I would still then need a retest and the ball joint looking at.
The MOT runs out in a few days.
Are the standard boxes really that bad? Is it worth looking at alternatives or will standard last a few years?
Thanks.

Not sure about the state of the rest of the exhaust or if it's been changed in the past 10years

Stevey pet I wasn't just saying it for a laugh ;) you know what needs to be done........ change it for miltek, scorpion, ktec, yozza ...... anything but standard. New mounts £8 each of ebay....... sorted ;).