ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back in an M3

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
:D

F4EFC8EA-A8A0-4543-A86A-9BDDDA979011_zpskw0fh1ax.gif

As usual, a complete impulse buy car wise! Was advertised on Tuesday night, went to see it in Crewe on Wednesday night, and just got back from collecting it tonight!
Absolutely love it, last time I was this excited about a car was when I got my first 2 years ago! Only downside is it's silver with red leather, exactly the same as my old one! But I do love the combo!

It's done 91k, stupidly good history, SMG and almost every option. The reason I bought it was the history and work that had been done to it in the last 20k miles:

Subframe replaced at BMW under warranty.
Vanos rebuilt with anti rattle kit.
Headgasket replaced.
Eibach springs + new front shocks and top mounts.
New clutch and flywheel.
Almost completely refurbed SMG gearbox
Nearly brand new discs and pads, including Brembo callipers all round.
Intravee + Alpine box for iPod phone etc.
Upgrade sat nav.

Plus loads of other bits!

Drives fantastically, and the gearbox is taking some getting used to but is stupidly good.

9B6701AE-F8FB-46BD-A42F-452A61726A6A_zpsji59tinr.gif

It needs a wheel refurb and front end respray which will be done when the Porsche is sold.

Very very very happy!

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
Looks awesome in the garage.
Getting so tempted by one of these but just don't know if it will be different enough from my Z4M

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Flol, cracking Joe.

What was the out come with the FRS, you never finished the thread??

Glad to see the Jag tucked up. :approve:

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Flol, cracking Joe.

What was the out come with the FRS, you never finished the thread??

Glad to see the Jag tucked up. :approve:

Thanks Scott! Jag is always tucked up, although have managed about 100 miles so far this year on some nice days!

Not put it up because I'm a little embarrassed! Ended up being in a position where it had to be sold, but the garage kept using loop holes to drag it out, so I ended up having to cut my losses and sell it due to it killing me financially :(
Massively gutted as they got away with it but I was cutting my nose off to spite my face in the end. Ended up losing £1500 in total, which was a lot better than it could have been and I learnt a lot from it!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Saw this advertised on cutters, fantastic purchase! Sounds like its had all the rights bits done :)

Thanks Dave.
I saw the list of work carried out and knew that if I was the first there it would be mine, was no way I wasn't buying it! Luckily the bank of Mum helped me until I sell the Porsche!

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Looks ace Joe! You can take me out for a spin in it on Saturday if you're feeling flush? ;)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Thank you for the update on the FRS mate, live and learn.

Cnuts.

Re Jag:- what was the miss fire issue you was having, again you need to up date dude. :D

I <3 the Jag, you know that.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Get that tatty sticker off (it's not a vw polo ffs) and it'll be lovely. Sounds like a cracking buy.

Shame to hear about the focus, not sure I'd be able to swallow that so you're a better man than me.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Looks ace Joe! You can take me out for a spin in it on Saturday if you're feeling flush? ;)

Will do mate!

Thank you for the update on the FRS mate, live and learn.

Cnuts.

Re Jag:- what was the miss fire issue you was having, again you need to up date dude. :D

I <3 the Jag, you know that.

I think it was purely just lack of use mate, first little trip this year there were a few stutters but it struggled through, and then the other 2 it ran perfectly without a fault, including 40 miles in one stretch! So just wants some decent runs out I think! Still trying to find the right person to take it to with some experience though!

Nice mate

Cheers dude.

looks fantastic. I want one now ffs.

Thanks mate. Everyone needs to own one of these, such a ridiculously amazing car in every way. Perfect all rounder but animal when you want.

Edit, @Rob There's a few stupid ones, will be off over the weekend.

Clio 182 Trophy
Looks awesome Joe! Knew when I saw you last that you would soon be back in an M3. Guess you will take this to Europe? Will have to meet up again soon.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Saw this on Cutters mate. Very comprehensive history and meticulously maintained through out its ownership. Brilliant purchase.

Looks great, although I would personally ditch the front smoke depo's and replace them with the clear OEM items, like I did on mine. Silver and Silver Grey are the two colours that don't pull off the smoked look, IMO.

:)

Suzuki Jimny
Would love a go in one of these. Think they'll start to creep up in value, at least for decent non-ruined ones.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nice spec Joe! I think the other colours suit the CSLs more but still very pretty.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Saw this on Cutters mate. Very comprehensive history and meticulously maintained through out its ownership. Brilliant purchase.

Looks great, although I would personally ditch the front smoke depo's and replace them with the clear OEM items, like I did on mine. Silver and Silver Grey are the two colours that don't pull off the smoked look, IMO.

:)

Not sure on that myself, Scutchio - from the little bits I can see, I think it 'breaks up' the lines a bit better?

Have you got pics of yours for comparison? :)

D.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Thanks guys.
Will have an update this weekend as got quite a few bits being done and been done already!

Personally I love the smoked indicators so they will be staying!

Running wise to the people who asked, I think they are either very cheap or very expensive, depending on which services need doing, brakes, tyres etc. But on the whole they cost a lot of money to keep absolutely tip top condition - the plus side of mine is every common M3 problem has been sorted by someone else's wallet so unless something unusual breaks this should be reasonable….famous last words!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Looks ace

People need to stop buying these, I want one but I have to finish my house purchase (and buy a new TV) first :(