ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back in an RS Clio!

RB 182
So this is a little collage of my previous Clios, there's a 51 plate missing as I can't find photos, but that was my 1st one back in 2006! The Flame Red was my favourite, taking my and my now wife through Europe - if anyone knows where RA02HZD is please let me know! Bought the silver 182 needing work, in between 2 owner ships of the Flame Red one. Didn't get on with it, so sold it quite soon after getting it. The 200 was bought brand new, when Lookers did the cheap deals, had it 6 months as it was too hardcore a ride for my daily commute! Next, the Sunflower! Bought for £700 again needing work, I think it's back on here now?
Then, the Storm Grey 172, bought needing work (see a theme here). Was bought off a forum member, who discovered poor accident repairs and lost faith in it. I resurrected it, and sold it to a forum member, again I think it's still on here

This brings us to today. Having had lots of other cars in between, inc a MK7 Golf R, we now have a 17 plate Tiguan, leaving me to get a car of my choice. I'm now 32, and much to the amusement of my wife, I set out looking for another 172/182/197. I want to do a few track days this Spring/Summer. The prices don't seem to have changed since I bought/sold my last two, but the quality is definitely going downhill! Set off this morning to see a Flame Red 53 172 for £700, was rough! Just before I set off, I received a second chance offer on a Iceberg 172 I'd been outbid on last night. As the picture shows, this is the car I ended up with! Last mature owner since 2007, folder of recipients in date order with every MOT from new, and totally standard! Iceberg isn't my 1st choice, or 2nd choice colour actually, but I love an unmolested project! The seller wasn't aware the cambelt was due (last done in 2009), and the dephaser sounds like it's actually trying to escape! A very steady 50mph M62 jaunt has got her home, where the 1st job is to do the belts! I'll also have a look round to see what else needs attention.

Watch this space!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg