ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back to a Clio after 14 years....

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS
I've been around a while, and on Friday drove the short 266 mile journey up to the Lake District to purchase this:
20150313_161804_zpsui1vecvd.jpg

It needs a few bits to tidy it up, this week is having the cambelt, aux belt, de phaser pulley and anything else involved at that stage of the job.

Wheels have all been taken off and balanced as they were miles out so the 266 mile return journey was a bit of a bumpy one :) I'm compiling a pretty long list of bits that need doing and bits that I'd like to do - it seems to grow each day / hour but I'll stop it at some stage.

I'm not new to Renaults and have had a few going back to my first Clio 16v in 2001 which was great fun right through the 5 GT, Dimma 16v and finally a Megane 225 sport.

zthppu.jpg

2yvtbwz.jpg
2u6n0ow.jpg
11u9qhi.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I was tempted by the rb, it was advertised on here at a decent enough price depending on what needs doing.

welcome back

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS
It was @Sir_Dave I had it in PGTI magazine (orange R5 Turbo on the front cover) :)

The Dimma's do indeed all look the same haha.

The Clio's now had the belts and dephaser done so I'm now able to drive it and enjoy it which is great - Haven't had such a fun drive to work in ages!!

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS
Thanks all, the car is running lovely now - Since buying it and driving it home I hadn't used it until the belts were all done so now I'm able to really enjoy it I just can't stop smiling, the induction and exhaust noise takes me right back to my first 16v Clio, very similar sound!