ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back to clios after 22 years!

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all,

Ive been reading up a few threads on here and finally bitten the bullet and bought a 2005 Clio 182.

I did have a 16v mk1 back in the day it was a great car that I should have kept but as ever you move on.

The 182 is a car I’ve always liked and I’m lucky enough to be in a position to buy one and have it as my daily but not have to worry if I need to take it off the road for a bit to sort things out.

I got mine through a friend who bought it with the intention of tracking it but then got a 2006 one instead after he’d put c£2k into this one with the following

New clutch and associated parts inc cables
New calipers discs and pads all round
Braided lines
New exhaust
New engine mounts
New tyres
Full service
New belts

There’s probably some stuff I’ve forgotten but that’s most of it.

The cars a little tired but I’m looking forward to spending some time sorting it out and making it look how I want, my base plan is to keep it pretty original with some minor tweaks, I’ve called this standard+ before where I make some minor changes that really should have been on the car from stock or where it’s just sensible (like poly bushes)

So at 39 I’m back in a small French hot hatch and looking forward to a finding out more about these cool little cars as I find my way back into Clios.

db912265a8629502dbdf5c9814740a3f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome!

They do get under your skin and having had mine since new, it will take a LOT for me to part with it!

Of course, you had the additional 7.4bhp power increase mod of buying one in Black Gold too? ;)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Welcome to the Club, enjoy the car, they are great fun in any form, minus the standard seating position and bus driver wheel :)

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome to the Club, enjoy the car, they are great fun in any form, minus the standard seating position and bus driver wheel :)
The seating position is typically "French" isnt it. Im already looking at new wheels for that reason, one of the few changes I will make.

Welcome!

They do get under your skin and having had mine since new, it will take a LOT for me to part with it!

Of course, you had the additional 7.4bhp power increase mod of buying one in Black Gold too? ;)
Knew it was a good buy!! Free power is the best kind of power!

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
Do you have any pictures of your old mk1?

I have a mk1 16v and a 172. 172 is far nicer day to day. Made a good choice going for a mk2 to get back into clios 🙂

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
Hello Mate, welcome back to a world of electrical gremlins, odd rattles and that niggling thought you might not make it to your destination without breaking down or being pulled over by the police! I have just logged on here again after a few years, I wonder how lively the forum is with facebook etc.