ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back!

Just returned from three weeks away. I was thinking of selling up before I left and was going to mull it over the holiday - and that I did!

Well, maybe I will get a Fiat Coupe/something else some day, but for the time being the Valver is staying. Probably the biggest thing that made me keep it is the anticipation of getting the bloody car back! Its still being stored at my mates farm in the depths of Pembrokeshire and its "driving" me nuts (no pun intended) being home but not being able to get the car until he gets back from holiday himself. Driving a 2.0 Volvo S40 maxed out with top spec sound great in isolation, but its not a patch on the Valver for thrills.

So its not a practical decision - its one of the heart. That blody car owes me far more than the thousands its swallowed up.

For the time being I will be able to ease the weight of the daily 50-mile commute Im about to start by using one of my familys many Volvos. Sadly, its no long-term solution as I will eventually need my own mile-muncher as and when I move out of home.

Ive still got the dosh I was first going to sink into the ill-fated Willy 2.0 F7R project and would have funded the gap between the value of the Valver and a new car. But Im not keen to spend it all on the car as I think its fast enough really and I like the idea of having cash to hand in case the Valver has a mechanical grump when it starts piling on the miles (its already on 103,000).

...but out of interest, which coilovers are the best to go for and would there be any benefit in me slamming the car further? ;) (currently -30mm up front and -20mm at rear).

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_b/286000-286999/286766_25_full.jpg

your already short on suspension travel using the std damper lengths........low CoG is good, but if you run out of travel @ the current wheel rate, youll have an instant increase from the microcellular jounce bumpers and well..........youll skittle off into a hedge.

Slap some coilovers on it.. Adis Clio (Mats Old one) had Avo Coilovers and that thing just sticks..

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 10 August 2003

your already short on suspension travel using the std damper lengths........low CoG is good, but if you run out of travel @ the current wheel rate, youll have an instant increase from the microcellular jounce bumpers and well..........youll skittle off into a hedge.

lol,

Hey Ben welcome home! Hope you had a good time!!

Firstly i never thought for a minute youd sell your valver!! lol I too have mood swings with mine when i look elsewhere but always come back to it!! :)

As for lowering ive got AVO coilovers on mine and they are awesome!!! ;)

Yeah - some mood swing though! I really thought I was going to sell before I went and now I cant wait til I get it back on Friday!:confused: