ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Backwards rep.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
It's always been a weird thing of mine, to want to buy a 172, and make it look like a 1.2. A lo tof people do it the other way round, but I'm sure it'll be more fun having the 172 under there.

I doubt I will ever do it. Never know. Just wondering, is this possible? Will the wings etc not be wide enough for a 172 and scrub?

Clio 2.0 16v 182
You can take out the stub axles and the f4r engine is compatible with the 1.2 driveshafts. Believe it or not, it's been done before.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
All 172 stuff fits a 1.2, as ive just done over the last 8 months, I don't see why not the other way round. I toyed with the idea of putting a 2.0 in mine but f dat.

Oh definatley sack off putting a 1*2 engine in a non sport. Far cheaper to put non sport stuff on a 1*2.

With your rep, how much do your wheels sit in your arches? The 1*2's are wider, so I wonder if putting 1.2 wings on would mean the wheels stick out. Thats the only real issue I could see with it.

Would be a right laugh.

The front has 25mm H&R's, which bring it flush, so a good 25mm wider than non sport. I have 10mm Stub Axles going on the rear this week.

Would be an awesome sight though. I have 1.2 Front bumper, wings and rear bumper if you want them? lol

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
The front has 25mm H&R's, which bring it flush, so a good 25mm wider than non sport. I have 10mm Stub Axles going on the rear this week.

Would be an awesome sight though. I have 1.2 Front bumper, wings and rear bumper if you want them? lol

Interesting thoughts. How much would you want for them out of interest? I may buy a 172 just to do this for the lols.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
my car had 172 running gear for a while and it looked a lot lower than a standard clio and it was noticeably wider at the front. That would be the only tell tale though.

phase 1 flamer 172
And theres a photo in the phase 1 appreciation thread, makes for a good looking clio in my opinion, and yeah fit some steels and remove the 2 ltr badges, would make a nice little sleeper if that's your thing.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Herberts tbh.

Kudos for honesty.

You need to fit these to make it a complete package though

654293?$pd_main_v2_H2$.jpg

639146?$pd_main_v2_H2$.jpg

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-accessories/exterior-styling/16v-chrome-badge

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-accessories/exterior-styling/sport-chrome-badge

And a 'v6' one of which im failing to find in halfords

Listerine & Poledo
Sure an engine swap would be a good sight less garage-time than trying to shopping-edition a 172.

Both roads lead to the same destination though.

Sell me your 197
Funny you should say Kangoo. Guy at home has fully R32 converted his Caddy van. Goes like stink. Another fun one is a Subaru Brumby with 400kW EJ25 set up and stock suspension/brakes/wheels

Also this is common because it bolts in pretty much, Mitsubishi L300 with LS1