ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad MPG + cutting out on startup

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Last month i had to replace my map sensor due to the car spluttering and trying to cut out all the time.

Replaced the map sensor which has fixed the problem.The only fault i have now is im only getting 26mpg driving like a granny.

I also seem to have a occasional problem where ill go to start the car and it'll splutter and try and cut out ,the only way to keep it alive is by revving it otherwise it dies.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be as its getting expensive :D

Cheers

DCi 100
I'll put £500 on coilpack for the spluttering on start up, unsure weather it will cause the MPG any problems. Didn't on mine!

Bad mpg could be the lambda sensor, changed mine yesterday, done 140 miles on £50(not good). Every thing seems fine now.... mpg wise.

PH1 172 Sport
Last month i had to replace my map sensor due to the car spluttering and trying to cut out all the time.

Replaced the map sensor which has fixed the problem.The only fault i have now is im only getting 26mpg driving like a granny.

I also seem to have a occasional problem where ill go to start the car and it'll splutter and try and cut out ,the only way to keep it alive is by revving it otherwise it dies.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be as its getting expensive :D

Cheers

Could be a few things. From what you have described I would edge my bet towards the coolant sensor as the spluttering was the exact problem I had when mine was faulty. Bad mpg could be the front lambda sensor. You need to run some diagnostics on it really if you know someone with a reader or an RSTuner.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
I've got a spare lamba which il try first.

Which lands do I replace ?...the one on the cat or manifold?

As I've heard one does nothing.

Thanks