ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bad sound

I bought my clio with a pioneer head unit and the guy had put a couple of 6x9's in the back. Recently the steroe wont play any base, it just gets really distorted and when i drive the sound comes out of all different speakers.

i thought it would be a loose wire, but would a loose wire cause base distortion?

Also is there anyway i can remove the stereo without the special wire thingy??

thankyou very much

"Navy" N17 TWO
What speakers have you got in the front & rear cards?

Is there an amp or sub in your setup?

nope i dnt have an amp or a sub, the front speakers are standard with the 98grande and the back are just a pair of jvc 6x9s. the sounds was never anything special but it was way better than it is now.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Your HU is probably the best part of the setup as Pioneer aren't bad :)

Check all your connections are tight
Check that your equliser settings on the HU haven't been turned down - some frequencies will let you play some levels of bass.

Don't go mad trying to pump lorry-loads of bass out of what you have - won't produce it and will damage your speakers more than anything else.

I would get rid of the 6x9s but thats me and probably half the forum's "opinion"
Also JVC is another reason to ditch, but then again - that's my opinion (see where I'm going) ;)

Stereo removal tools can be got very cheap (about £2) from Audio dealers

yes bad connections can cause distortion, but more than likely just crackles and intermitant sound from the speakers.

Have you been running your speakers hard? If so then they might have blown....you end up with alot quieter and very distorted sounds comming out of them. This is very common with subwoofers when run hard for a long time or someone comes along and opens the boot whilst theyre pumping at high levels. They dont like a quick difference in air pressure.

Im with Tigger on this, check your headunit settings, connections and listen to all the speakers one by one to see which ones the sounds you're hearing come out of. If its all the speakers then its not because theyve all just suddenly blown.