ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad Vibrations

Williams Clio

When travelling at speeds around 70-80mph on motorways my cars front left wheel seems to vibrate quite badly. I have just put on a new set of 15inch alloy wheels that have been balanced so i dont think its the fact that the wheel is out of balance. Noticed it also did this on my old wheels. Any ideas what this could be??

Williams Clio

well the car still travels in a straight line ok doesnt pull to ones side or anything if thats what u mean. Im going to check the wheel bearings tomorrow although the last time it was in the garage they said they were fine. Also noticed the car seems to sit higher on the rear left, not sure if this is a suspension problem or something. Doesnt seem to handle badly or anything.

'04 172, '03 Hirsch 9-5

If it stays with the corner of the car and not the physical wheel, could be warped brake disk/drum. Unless your wheels are balanced on the car you will not see it. Had this fool my dad and the garage for some time - put it on a lift and spun up the wheels - oh dear - one break scim later - all was well and right with the world.

I have exactly the same problem...

70mph:eek:k 75mph:wobble 80mph:wibble/wobble 85mph:bumcheeks clenching 90mph:very scary.

got the tracking tested, 30 min ago... apparently A,OK..

only thing to do is balancing

i saw a post on here the other day with a similar problem it turned out the alloys had different weights so screwing up the balance of the car, maybe worth a look if everything else checks out ok

ive had eibach pro springs fitted, will that alter the camber settings... coz im getting a lot of nearside wear. (thats why i did the tracking).

the refrence book at ATS only had one set of figures (Clio 16v) no 172 or 172cup...

help,:confused: brain freeze

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

i had this problem after fitting alloys to, i was to do with the wheel not sitting in the centre of the hub i got some spacers which fit inside the wheels

this is because most cars have different centre bores i.e the clio is 60mm and the vw polo is 57mm in diameter, the spacer makes the wheel sit in the centre and stop the wobbling.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

check the tyres for buldges or flatspots

balance all the wheels

have you the correct spacers?

just noticed you put it did it with your old wheels,in that case then maybe a bent hub assembly or a driveshaft problem.

Williams Clio

ok cheers for the suggestions guys, cars going into the garage tomorrow so ill get them to check out the hub and driveshaft. The alloys have been balanced correctly althought im not sure about spacers, i havent used any so that maybe the problem although surely this would be a problem on all four wheels rather than just the one. Doesnt seem to be any problems with the tyres and all the weights are intact. If it is the suspension i will soon find out as i intend to fit coilovers within the next few weeks. Its also possible the that the brake disk is warped although i only fitted new ones a month ago i will check this out as well.