ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ball joint the destroyer!

03 RS clio 172 flameR
did some maintanance on my car in the form of new drilled disks and pads from ktec, (good product btw:D) and then just a ball joint to fit... from euro-parts (masters of f**k-ups) so swaped them over, get the car back on its wheels and go to drive and here a bit of resitance, thought it was just the new pads, then note that the steering is of by about 20 degrees, so get back on the drive and its dark and pissing it down, so come to take it apart today to find out what iv done wrong, and low and behold, europarts, have fucked me over, in there skilled craftsmanship in doing a single job, of handing over a single car part, they managed to give me a ball joint of some other car, which had about 3mm-4mm more stump above the groove for the pinch bolt!

this has let to it coming out the top by a small amount, just enough to chew fook though the abs reluctor ring! so now, thanks to euroshit, i am left with a fucked reluctor ring, and the geometry of my car prob not right, so euro parts better be ready to pay for there damage!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
skool boy error, should always check your parts and match um up with your old before you go and fit em.

03 RS clio 172 flameR
skool boy error, should always check your parts and match um up with your old before you go and fit em.

A.) it was raining and was in a bit of a rush
b.) when the gaitors new it sits alot higher, thus not being as obivous
c.) euro parts have one job, to find the right part, cant do it so its THERE fault.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I personally can't see Euro paying for anything.

You fitted the wrong part, not them. They only supplied you. And I would imagine that because you have fitted it, they will not offer a refund/exchange as its been used.

Sorry, but thats the way I see it.

Put it down to experience.

did some maintanance on my car in the form of new drilled disks and pads from ktec, (good product btw:D) and then just a ball joint to fit... from euro-parts (masters of f**k-ups) so swaped them over, get the car back on its wheels and go to drive and here a bit of resitance, thought it was just the new pads, then note that the steering is of by about 20 degrees, so get back on the drive and its dark and pissing it down, so come to take it apart today to find out what iv done wrong, and low and behold, europarts, have f**ked me over, in there skilled craftsmanship in doing a single job, of handing over a single car part, they managed to give me a ball joint of some other car, which had about 3mm-4mm more stump above the groove for the pinch bolt!

this has let to it coming out the top by a small amount, just enough to chew fook though the abs reluctor ring! so now, thanks to euros**t, i am left with a f**ked reluctor ring, and the geometry of my car prob not right, so euro parts better be ready to pay for there damage!

:lolup: not trying to yank your chain (too much) but what are you going to do if they tell you to clear off?

Honda Integra Type R
Youre Fault for not checking its the Right Part :)

They can easily turn round and say you gave them wrong details for the car.

Youre word against theres

03 RS clio 172 flameR
Youre Fault for not checking its the Right Part :)

They can easily turn round and say you gave them wrong details for the car.

Youre word against theres

incorrect, i have a printed invoice from them, clearly stating

"renault clio sport 172 03" as i gave them the reg of the car for the search, if i didnt have that on paper, i wouldnt have a leg to stand on, and in regards to not seing it stick out the top, ther is only about 1.5mm between the top of the stud and the reluctor ring so there is hardly any view point, could have seen it, but the part looked exactly the same, only this one had about 2mm more shaft above the grove for the pinch bolt, when the rubber gaitor is pulled up on it when new, you cant really see the difference in shaft size.

i should have done a closer inspection of both parts yes, but then when "EUROPARTS" hand me a ball joint with a invoice with my cars full discription and reg on, its hard to find that a supplyer of that size, can make such a mistake.

what im trying to say is, YES i did make a mistake not taking a closer examination of them both, but they should have taken even more care in getting me the right part, if you look at it from one view, and the view any member of the public would see it, if they did their job RIGHT, i wouldnt of had this problem, they have one role in there job, giving customers the RIGHT part, and they couldnt even do that simple role, even MCdonnalds staff get a single item order right!