ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bang.. and the dirt is gone!

AK

M240i
Managed to get up early enough to get started on cleaning the alloys, not had a clean round the back of since i got the car a year ago!

this is how they looked before..

Alloybefore.jpg

Front.jpg

I had read in a few places that Fairy Power Spay was good, but i was a bit naive and thought i would be able to shift the brake dust with just water and a good scrub, oh how wrong i was :rasp:!

i managed to get the easy dust off the front and back but theyre was a lot of ground in brake dust.. So off i popped to the Spar and came back with this..

CilitBank.jpg

Gave the wheels a fair spray of Cillit Bang and the brake dust basically fell off (well not really!) gave them all a good scrub and i think they've come up quite well, after 5 hours of labour :)...

After.jpg

Cleanback.jpg

BeforeAfter.jpg

Car needs some coilovers me thinks, gap between wheel and arch is horrendus!

Needscoiloverslol.jpg

Didnt get round the cleaning the car as it started raining :(.. will need to do it first thing tomorrow or later on today, in prep for the meat tomorrow :D!

Heres some other photos i found in my phone, from when it was snowing..

Snowy-1.jpg

Snowy-2.jpg

And a pic of the sidelights i picked up off of ebay

Sidelight.jpg

I'm knackered now... but it was worth it! :D

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Lol at knowing the phrase Bang and the dirt is gone and using cillit bang, but not knowing who Barry is.