ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BARGAIN - Sony Bravia 40" - £499

SLK 350
Nah, it's just some dumb employee thats pasted thw wrong details on that page. It seems the same information have been used on other Bravia products too, although the price on those seems correct.

Ah well, worth a shot :)

Same message here....

Dear Mr M,

Thank you for your recent order P001431059 with PC World.

Unfortunately, we have been unable to process your order as one or more of
the products you have ordered is now out of stock.

Please contact our telesales advisors on 0870 242 0444 who will help you
choose an alternative product. Alternatively you can visit our website at
http://www.pcworld.co.uk to browse for a substitute product.

If any payment has been taken in relation to this order, this will be
credited back to you.

Yours sincerely

PC World Web Sales

Surely thats false advertising or something???

SLK 350
Ok,now i know if they are wrongly priced they can get away with not having to sell ,however isn't there something that they can't display an item if there are none in stock ? & it's not marked that way (which that wasn't) .

I would still phone them & say you want an alternative 40" LCD for that price ,they can't offer you a 40" for £1300 ,it's hardly an alternative .

The idea is good mate, but officially no contract has yet been formed between myself and PCW, therefore they can refuse it for whatever reason they choose. If i'd received a 3rd confirmation prior to dispatch then I'd have had a case by their own T&C.

The law you're speaking off is "loss of bargain" but as above, i've not a leg to stand on.

Ah well.

VW ....
So what about the alternative issue ? surely they have to offer a similar size TV for a similar price ? surely that's the least they can do to keep a customer happy ? or am i clutching at straws .

Bet the dude that posted that price has had his b****cks chewed this morning lol

Lee

BMW M2C
One of the lads called up from here too. They won't have anymore stock as that was an end of line promo price, and a f*****g good one at that.

Leon Cupra R 225
f**k missed out! total shitter, although I already have this tv.......... could have done with another though at under half the price I paid :(

I was going to try and get one, just incase they would honour the price (which they wouldn't). Worth a try though ;).

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Phoned a mate who works in the Corporate Sales dept at PCW, he said its legit and orders have gone out. What a joke though, he couldn't bang my name on one of them! I told him we are no longer friends... ;)

Tys.

Lee

BMW M2C
Phoned a mate who works in the Corporate Sales dept at PCW, he said its legit and orders have gone out. What a joke though, he couldn't bang my name on one of them! I told him we are no longer friends... ;)

Tys.

LMAO, I tried that too. We buy stuff from Equanet and PCW Business so I figured it was worth a shot.

williams 0013
i have got them to check nation wide
all out of stock
will not give an alternative
only 1 they had was shop soiled but would not sell me that due to it being slightly damaged

owell worth a try ;)

dk

911 GTS Cab
sorry but i don't believe it was a legit deal, someone messed up and they are trying to cover, i worked in retail and they would never sell anything worth that for that low a price, no way in this world.

Plus, when I did the deliveyr it checked live stock for the distribution centre in my area, they have done a coverup and to save face have used the stock front.

SLK 350
sorry but i don't believe it was a legit deal, someone messed up and they are trying to cover, i worked in retail and they would never sell anything worth that for that low a price, no way in this world.

Plus, when I did the deliveyr it checked live stock for the distribution centre in my area, they have done a coverup and to save face have used the stock front.

It's called a human error dave, google it ;)

Sometimes these companies honour it, sometimes they dont.

They dont actually have to.

I remember a similar thing happened with Amazon, I think it was with PDA's and they didnt send them out, but others have.

I was going to order one, but I was way too late and you guys had already received your emails before I did.

Mégane RS
just ordered one :) £479, wouldnt let me order it from the link but opened up a new window and went to pcworld web and worked

Mégane RS
i think the link doesnt work but it does if you go direct to their web and search for it. hope it comes now but wont have anywhere to put it lol

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah definately still there and still available to order. No doubt they will cancel it again.

500bhp Scoob
Ordered :) and it looks like they've taken the money already :) hopefully they honour it.

Couldnt find it for 479, got it for 505 all in with delivery

500bhp Scoob
Just a bit weird that it was out of stock for me earlier, and its come back now...

Tyson-182's mate has said its legit and orders have gone out...

Heres hoping :D

Rav4
Just a bit weird that it was out of stock for me earlier, and its come back now...

Tyson-182's mate has said its legit and orders have gone out...

Heres hoping :D

Same here. Only will let u order x3 at a time though, even phoned up PCB and went in the store.

Trophy
Way i see it you got nothing to lose.
If it don't turn up it hasn't cost you anything, if it does and you like it you have a bargain tv, if it does and you don't like it stick it on Ebay and make some money.
NB - I do not guarantee you will make money on Ebay, hundreds of other people will have the same idea!

Mat.

Lionel Richie
Connect your PC to your Sony 32” LCD TV! The PC Input allows you to use your 32” LCD TV as a computer monitor with no loss in quality. You can make your PC and 32” LCD TV the hub of your home by playing/downloading music, watching films, sharing files, surfing the net and much more!

Trophy
Connect your PC to your Sony 32” LCD TV! The PC Input allows you to use your 32” LCD TV as a computer monitor with no loss in quality. You can make your PC and 32” LCD TV the hub of your home by playing/downloading music, watching films, sharing files, surfing the net and much more!

Yeah, the description changes to 32" halfway through.

Mat.