ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BASP adapter team issues

right i have configured a adapter team of 2 ports both broadcom netextreme II BCM5709C in a dell r710 running 2008r2

its configured for slb and failover and currently dhcp

with one port connected it works fine can ping etc connect up the second though and bang it doesnt respond on the network any more

i have another 2 teams created aswell but i cant test them just yet

think i have sorted it after a bit of a read it seems teh adapter teams wont work when connected to a layer 3 switch :(

Revels Mum & Sister
I have some Netgear wireless dongles here they should sort you out shall I send them?

DMS

A thirsty 172
think i have sorted it after a bit of a read it seems teh adapter teams wont work when connected to a layer 3 switch :(

In some of the sites we support they have network adapters using that same chipset teamed up and they work fine when connected to L3 switches. Have you got jumbo frames enabled by any chance? Many older switches don't support them and the BASP virtual adapter doesn't automatically decrease the MTU back to 1498 or less. I think when only one interface is connected it works a bit differently, but it's not really my area of expertise so I can't elaborate further.

jumbo frames are enabled yes the switch it was having issues with ws a cisco 3550-12t

this is from the dell website talking about teaming with these adapters

Layer 3 Routing/Switching

The switch that the teamed ports are connected to must not be a Layer 3 switch or router. The ports in the team must be in the same network.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Meh. Dell know better than I do.
Does that apply to just that specific network adapter or the whole Netextreme range in general?

the page is all about netxtreme II only but id imagine it would apply to them all

i think if switch is mix mode your ok but if its lay 3 only then its an issue