ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Batmobile Mot Pass

80MPG BEEZA
yes my 2.0 converted just had its first ever MOT and passed with no hassles
the guy doing the test said he was pleased how nicely modified it was and how well looked after the car was :) i was well chuffed as i'm paying £105 tax a year for a 172! and it sailed through emmisions! yes i'm well chuffed to say the least

80MPG BEEZA
16v_jon said:
ha ha its a 100 a year tax mark

haha yea your right just i cudnt remeber how much you saved getting 12 months as i got 6 months a fortnight ago, so how much is it for the 172? i guess its a saving :)

80MPG BEEZA
so i roughly save £20 a year on road tax from doing the conversion score i guess over the years it will give me money back i spent converting it lol

172 cup'd extreme
nar is 190 or 225??? for a years tax on a 172, mine is registered 2 litre but the tax is still 100 a year like the batmobile strange indead

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
How the f**k did you manage to get away with only paying £105 tax for a year? Mine costs me £125 a year! :eek:

172 cup'd extreme
DynamiqueDebz said:
How the f**k did you manage to get away with only paying £105 tax for a year? Mine costs me £125 a year! :eek:

because me and batman are special. when we changed the engine size on the v5 the c02 emmisions stayed the same so the same tax, mine is registered as a clio extreme 16v engine size 1998cc the goverment get the emmisions from renault and as there isnt a 1998cc extreme 16v then they cant compare it and therefore cant change the tax bracket simple

80MPG BEEZA
yup i even argued with the dvla! i was saying the emmisions cant be the same its a 2.0 litre for christ sake and other 172 owners pay around 200 a year so i been worrying about the emmisions at MOT time thinking it would go way over but it sailed through! so i'm saving 100 quid a year! thats mint even over 5 years thats 500 quid back from doing the conversion not to shabby, not to mention abs isnt wired up i just hid the wires well away! only got a horn wired up day before :) and the cv boot i got done a day before was loose, but the tester said its ok i know you'll go back to the garage and complain! to bloody right i will £20 for a cv boot clip and they dont even put it on tight the *ss holes

16v_jon said:
because me and batman are special. when we changed the engine size on the v5 the c02 emmisions stayed the same so the same tax, mine is registered as a clio extreme 16v engine size 1998cc the goverment get the emmisions from renault and as there isnt a 1998cc extreme 16v then they cant compare it and therefore cant change the tax bracket simple
Would the same apply changing a dci to a 1998 petrol as which its an engine CC chnage its alos a fuel change.

£50 road fund for dci's.

80MPG BEEZA
just make sure your car is spotlessly clean eveywhere i even took the wheels off and gave round my arches and suspension a god clean i just want to make my car last for years which is why my gearbox p*sses me off!