ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Turbo - Ktec sport cat failed emissions

Fishfire

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Any one any issues getting these through MOT before I call Ktec to tell them to take their cat back? 😒

The garage I use are pretty good and I've been using them for years. I got the car good and hot prior to test, as did the guys testing it but it was wildly out.

Only passed due to friendly tester 'nursing it through', but they said it needed to be about 0.3 to pass but was showing 1.28!

Original cat passed emissions, but the flanges were rotten, so opted for the ktec sports cat. Utter c**k to fit and I'm annoyed it essentially won't pass an MOT now

172 Turbo
Mine would only get briefly into a pass but had to be mega hot. Usually would fail with the Ktec cat on it.

Fishfire

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I think they now say in the description it won’t pass a MOT.
I did check before buying. Doesn't say that, just says not for road use.
But what's the point of an expensive sports cat that won't pass an emissions test? Might as well decat it 🤷

Ktec website:

For track/off road use only.
Fitting a decat to your 172 or 182 may cause the engine warning light to come on and in some cases this will also cause poor engine running. This is because the exhaust system is fitted with 2 lambda sensors, 1 before and 1 after the catalytic converter. Removing the cat will mean both sensors will read the same emissions and this is may bring the engine waring light on. This is where the Sports Cat comes in but with the power gain associated with a decat.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
If it won't pass MOT it's completely useless, you're best going to a custom exhaust place and asking what they might be able to make you up.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
I did check before buying. Doesn't say that, just says not for road use.
But what's the point of an expensive sports cat that won't pass an emissions test? Might as well decat it 🤷

Ktec website:

For track/off road use only.
Fitting a decat to your 172 or 182 may cause the engine warning light to come on and in some cases this will also cause poor engine running. This is because the exhaust system is fitted with 2 lambda sensors, 1 before and 1 after the catalytic converter. Removing the cat will mean both sensors will read the same emissions and this is may bring the engine waring light on. This is where the Sports Cat comes in but with the power gain associated with a decat.

That’s changed, they used to say the same but with “probably won’t pass emissions test” the fact it’s not for road use would suggest it’s probably not going to pass the tests.

they were doing a euro iv for a while but that’s gone as well now.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
glad my oe one hasn’t been stolen yet…

doesn’t the price of oe ones scrap indicate that anything new & cheap hasn’t got enough of the precious metals inside to reduce the emissions?

Clio 182 full fat
Any one any issues getting these through MOT before I call Ktec to tell them to take their cat back? 😒

The garage I use are pretty good and I've been using them for years. I got the car good and hot prior to test, as did the guys testing it but it was wildly out.

Only passed due to friendly tester 'nursing it through', but they said it needed to be about 0.3 to pass but was showing 1.28!

Original cat passed emissions, but the flanges were rotten, so opted for the ktec sports cat. Utter c**k to fit and I'm annoyed it essentially won't pass an MOT now
I have the very same problem I purchased a k-tech cat it failed the emissions twice a load of Sh:te really I was advised to use race spec insulation still failed the emissions but that was down to the m.o.t tester not testing it first thing when it arrived ,I kept my original cat not sure whether to sell it or not.