ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery Light

J

jakm15

Hi, the battery light on my car is on very dim, it goes off for a few seconds when you turn several things on at once, e.g. lights, heater etc, but then comes back on, the battery and alternator are both fine. Any ideas???

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
probably the sudden drain on the electrics. My lights dim slightly for a moment when i use the rear demister or electric windows.

Its probable that your alternator cant keep up with the demand placed on it.

J

jakm15

thanks for the reply, was just wondering if it was a common fault

I get the same.

Need to replace my battery soon as i have to have the engine running to use the cd player, or else the battery will be dead if the cd player is on without the engine

J

jakm15

When I first got the car I took the battery out and emptied it out, washed it out several times and then refilled it with distilled water then charged it on a trickle charge. Once I did this it turned over much faster.