ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BATTERY & STOP dash lights

clio 182
these 2 lights have started coming on/off and flickering since I had my brakes changed and decat fitted last week?

they only come on when iv been through 1st and 2nd gear and ONLY illuminate in 3rd 4th 5th when DECELERATING??

any help please

clio 182
really? I had the discs and pads changed last week and he gave me back my brake fluid tin and said it didn't need new fluid?

had my battery checked aswell and its running 14v and also shows it charging when engine running

clio 182
cheers guys i checked the brake fluid level and its correct but fluid looks really dark?

the brakes feel really good now though after having them changed. better than what was on it when I bought it lol

clio 182
can't get these lights to stop flashing and flickering!!!???

brake fluid checked

battery tested (left for 7 days on holiday started 1st time no worries)

alternator tested and shows no signs

checked and replaced corroded earth strap

I will try to post a video of how these lights act up whilst driving around

any help please

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
The battery light comes on to indicate that the alternator isn't charging.
If it's charging as you say, check the little wire coming from the alternator.

I've had it before where that wire had come lose and caused the battery light to come on even though the alternator was fine. Granted this wasn't on a Clio but it could be the same?

Surely if it was brake/abs sensor related then it'd bring up a brake related light?

clio 182
the clio has now started to go abit strange for no reason?

STOP & BATTERY started flashing 4 weeks ago and all lights are now permanently on!!

abs - airbag - esp have all illuminated today
my windows no go really slow?
and my auto headlights are working for 1st time ever?
20160723_225353.jpg

if anyone can help I don't know where to start I would happily pay a member to come have a look and drive tomorrow lol
thanks

Attachments

• 20160723_225353.jpg
    20160723_225353.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 286

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Alternator or the wire like james said. I had this on the way back on the motorway in the rain from doing Oulton park with four people in the car. It was not fun when the Windows went slow, lights dimmed and eventually cut out. Wasn't the best of days. Get it checked asap

clio 182
too late im stuck on the m42 awaiting the rac haha

even though it's been running ok no different
its just died no headlights. no radio. no air con. Windows slow.

the garage last week tested battery and alternator and said both were fine?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Did you google that pic? But yeah pretty sure that's the one. It was a while ago since mine went

clio 182
no that's taken fresh from the hard shoulder of the m42 haha.

I'm trying to get booked in at diamond motors for cambelt water pump and spark plug service etc and now typical this has gone wrong lol

clio 182
could the internals of the alternator packed up? the big red lead is solid on and no movement in it?

for the last few weeks it has been driving fine and the only things changed have been pads+discs aswell as a blowing decat.

the battery was tested and shows fine even has a green indicator on it.
left for 7days on holiday started 1st time when back

where can I find a good alternator guys please? or would mick be the best person to source then fit?

Last edited:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
You're probably better off getting Mick to sort it when you get it serviced . He'll give your car the once over and let you know about any other problems you might have. He won't give you any Bullshit , just tell you what needs doing . The green indicator on a battery means sod all . It's only showing that once cell is fine . I had a battery that was completely fcuked , I changed it , put the old one in the garage and weeks later the indicator was still showing green.

clio 182
@MRBILLYUK yeah I want mick to have it but doesn't he have a really long waiting list?
I take it over to him 2months ago to introduce myself and discuss cambelt prices (before this started playing up) and I'm sure he said there was a waiting list.

last week I messaged him on Facebook to get booked in for belts etc but haven't heard anything back? is he best contacted on here or going over in person?
thanks

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
@MRBILLYUK yeah I want mick to have it but doesn't he have a really long waiting list?
I take it over to him 2months ago to introduce myself and discuss cambelt prices (before this started playing up) and I'm sure he said there was a waiting list.

last week I messaged him on Facebook to get booked in for belts etc but haven't heard anything back? is he best contacted on here or going over in person?
thanks
The last time I took mine I rang Mick first . He was busy , he said send a message through his website stating what work I required , then he rang me back later that day . Message him first , leave your contact details etc ....... and take it from there . But like you say , he does get very busy. I think I had to wait about 2 weeks but it was worth the wait and 6 hour round trip.

clio 182
car was fully dead this morning no power at all so i went and brought brand new battery fitted today and started 1st time but still says STOP + BATTERY light solid on.

so i had alternator tested on voltage meter and it's dead! no output from it whilst ticking over but no wires or plugs are loose or corroded? :down:

so i assume the STOP + BATTERY flashing at me for the last 3 weeks ment my battery wasnt being charged properly anymore and slowly draining out?

am I best to go for genuine Renault altenator or a recon?

cheers guys