ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery upgrade

Hi, Not sure if i had this in the right place:
I have recently had a sub installed which i know if im using it with the engine off drains the battery very fast.
But it will go flat within 5 minutes of music with the engine off.
Are there any larger/more powerful/ longer lasting batteries i could replace mine with?

Any help please?

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Just put a switch into the amp remote wire so you can turn it off when you don't have the engine running, that is what I did years ago when I had subs installed and it worked fine.

jakehamer1994

North West - North
dont bother with power cap waste of money and will not make much of a difference to you. If you haven't all ready at the back of the head unit attach a remote wire to the amp, this will allow the head unit to turn on and and off itself when the ignition is on. As for battery unless you have got some decent subs with more a lot of power i wouldn't bother as will cost a fair bit. If you really wont a battery though don't get a normal battery that goes in a car there a special car audio battery out there that have a lot more power than standard battery but you would have to have a look at the power your using and what size battery you will need but for 1 battery they are between £150-£300 pounds.

If you have any others questions feel free to mail me and will have as got a big set up myself in mine.