ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battle of the Ages. Old vs New

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
Thats it. Its old clios vs new clios.

IM OLD TILL I DIE!! :rasp: :rasp: :rasp:

Whos old and whos new?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i'd say old, as the cup is like an old school hatch.....

concours CLIO 16V
im old as well bud. ;) Nothing like those phat wide arches, and hoover on the bonnet!!! Old skool

Arctic blue 182
Seems people have forgotten about the launch of the new model this year. You guys who have answered "new" so far all drive old clios!
Dave

the Mk1's are better than the Mk2 in every aspect apart from being newer and having useless toys in them. I'd have my engine in a Mk1 in an instant... just wont go back now due to things like rust repairs.

but deffo break down more :rasp:

not actually true, that was just mine that broke down all the time lol

having said that it was fairly reliable in the last year to year and a half I had it... but the damage was done by then... think Mehdi counted my recipts at £8k repairs, mods total about £2k... expensive doo!

concours CLIO 16V
there is nothing distinct about the new clio sport models except for the exaust... they all look the bloody same!!

M

M7CUO_V6

OLD SKOOL COOL!

Love valvers and williams, they are way cooler than mk2s. But just about all older marks look cooler than new ones!

I had to move on tho, they are gettin bit to old now, needeed a bit of newness. The sunroof was doing my swede in!

Nissan 350Z
Old cars definitely more fun. My old golf GTI had 110 bhp yet was just as much fun as my 180 bhp clio. What does that tell ya? Imagine a 180 bhp Mk2 Golf!

clio 16v
Old school definetly, old hot hatches just have this feeling of rawness and power that you don't get with new hot hatches even tho they have more power. Someone said he didn't like being in a go-kart at 120+. IMO that's what good about them - they get the adrenaline pumping.

Saxo VTS
Old ftw.

So much more character and non of this nancy boy Air Con or ABS or heated seats or make up bag holder.

Mk1's are so much more manly and raw.

Mk2 and onwards are for stuck up faggots.

Ooops, didn't realise this was Cliosport.....

:D:D

Old ftw.

So much more character and non of this nancy boy Air Con or ABS or heated seats or make up bag holder.

Mk1's are so much more manly and raw.

Mk2 and onwards are for stuck up faggots.

Ooops, didn't realise this was Cliosport.....

:D:D

Mk1's all the way, I have never really like the shape of mk2's or Mk3's

OLD SKOOL COOL!

Love valvers and williams, they are way cooler than mk2s. But just about all older marks look cooler than new ones!

I had to move on tho, they are gettin bit to old now, needeed a bit of newness. The sunroof was doing my swede in!

Too right on the sunroof front!!! Both Mk1's Ive owned have been f*****s for it, Id stay drier walking!!

CLIO 1.8 RSI & bmw 318i
Too right on the sunroof front!!! Both Mk1's Ive owned have been f**kers for it, Id stay drier walking!![/quote]

tho the newer clios will be like it too in 8 or 9 years time prob, but unless the newer clios have some where to keep a umbrella !

Too right on the sunroof front!!! Both Mk1's Ive owned have been f**kers for it, Id stay drier walking!!

tho the newer clios will be like it too in 8 or 9 years time prob, but unless the newer clios have some where to keep a umbrella ![/quote]

None of the RS clios have sunroofs matey ;)

Old school hot hatchs are the best I reckon. Know which I'd prefer to have a smash in though.......

clio 2.0 and bmw e30
a wud say old but i drive a 172 wanna be. n a wud say that the old ones wudnt be what they were if it washnt for the 172

a wud say old but i drive a 172 wanna be. n a wud say that the old ones wudnt be what they were if it washnt for the 172

eh? what they would'nt seem better than the 172 if it did'nt exist? or do you mean the 172 would'nt be as good if it was'nt for the old hot hatch's before it?