ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 1

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Yeah i was quit exited to see all those enemies and had no idea i was there after getting a few rounds out with the shotgun. After looking back my aiming was a bit out and missed the target couples once or twice, i was about to throw down a C4 before that enemy got me, that would of been a epic clip lol.

I've had a couple rages due to our team but probably down to noobs a bit like me getting back into it.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I’m tempted to have a whack on battlefield again. BF3 or 4 though, never quite clicked with 1 and V.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I've been on a couple times on BF4 today and the servers just wasn't full enough when i was on and went onto BF1 and even thouse were a little quiet. I'll have another go at BF4 tomorrow if your going to be on during the day, I'm on PS, what you on like? I know Fiftyseven or seomthing is on BF4 quit a bit. Been back on BF because been trying to get into the swing of things ready for BF6, i heard that it might be a Vietnam or even a Bad Company 3??

Makes me grin a little after when he kills you with your knife and he then gives you a good punch on the chin to to say thanks lol

Also i might have to adjust the brightness on my screen, look at the mini map or look at the screen more as i missed a few enemies here and there.

Last edited:

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Lol @ 1.58 - point blank in the rear with a shotgun and the bloke doesn't drop? Probably due to a medic bag, but even so.

Yeah. FU game - I wouldn't rage quit, but I'd be switching it off at that point. Maybe because I dislike BF1 online so much? ;)

Cos he stuffed the shot twice, hit the door.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I've been on a couple times on BF4 today and the servers just wasn't full enough when i was on and went onto BF1 and even thouse were a little quiet. I'll have another go at BF4 tomorrow if your going to be on during the day, I'm on PS, what you on like? I know Fiftyseven or seomthing is on BF4 quit a bit. Been back on BF because been trying to get into the swing of things ready for BF6, i heard that it might be a Vietnam or even a Bad Company 3??

Makes me grin a little after when he kills you with your knife and he then gives you a good punch on the chin to to say thanks lol

Also i might have to adjust the brightness on my screen, look at the mini map or look at the screen more as i missed a few enemies here and there.

It’s Liam btw. I’m on PC these days

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Cos he stuffed the shot twice, hit the door.
Meh - I think that's highly questionable. He's already fired the second shot in the image below as the recoil has lifted the crosshair. You can still see the enemy's head at the bottom of the reticle too.

1608131376566.png

At the absolute minimum, the game should have calculated half the shot passing the door and on to its intended target. Of course, with any FPS, the whole range of performance factors can make what we 'see' be nothing like what the server interprets.

And above all else, it does absolutely nothing to encourage me back onto BF1 ;)

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Thats the magic of Battlefield.

When you absolutely, definitely shot that guy a million times, but he still manages to plug you in the head with a single pistol shot.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I’m tempted to have a whack on battlefield again. BF3 or 4 though, never quite clicked with 1 and V.

Could be persuaded to join ya!

BF3 freebie with Amazon Prime if anyone hasn't claimed - https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/battlefield3

I've loved them all since BF2, can remember that the shooting in 1942 didn't feel right to me at the time so didn't play it much. BF3 was pretty special to be fair - probably more to do with the fact the 2 mates I played with all lived close at the time so we met up with all our Xbox's/TV and played a lot of it together.

This is the only clip I've got from a BF game haha.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Could be persuaded to join ya!

BF3 freebie with Amazon Prime if anyone hasn't claimed - https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/battlefield3

I've loved them all since BF2, can remember that the shooting in 1942 didn't feel right to me at the time so didn't play it much. BF3 was pretty special to be fair - probably more to do with the fact the 2 mates I played with all lived close at the time so we met up with all our Xbox's/TV and played a lot of it together.

This is the only clip I've got from a BF game haha.

Haha they didn’t have a clue what was going on.

A few of us on here used to have our own server on BF3, Metro/Seine crossing/grand bazaar 24/7. Used for get 200 kills on metro defending on rush, literally sniping people with the spas12 with slug rounds 😂

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I think BF3 was the first BF i got into on the Playstation and started quit late on it. I don't remember much on it. But defo remember Metro, I played a lot of Rush on BF3 and less Conquest. On BF4 it was the reverse i played a lot of Conquest less Rush. Ah yes Gran Bazaar that brings back memories and Seine Crossing. Didn't recall you could rent a server on BF3. I rented a server a couple times on BF4. it it quit dear like and still to this day i think it's the same price still.

I'm starting to get use to BF1 now, starting to get more familiar with the maps. Getting a few good kill streaks and sometimes die a few deaths on the trot. How long does it take to rank up on a certain gun i've noticed so many players have a gun at 100 * stars?

Getting frustrated quit a few times, when your squad leader and your gheading towards a flag to defend or capture quit a lot of the time your on your own trying to be a 1 Man Army lol.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Downloaded after what 3 years of not playing. Jumped into an operation and was like wtf lol. Be fine after a few days ha ha

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I think BF3 was the first BF i got into on the Playstation and started quit late on it. I don't remember much on it. But defo remember Metro, I played a lot of Rush on BF3 and less Conquest. On BF4 it was the reverse i played a lot of Conquest less Rush. Ah yes Gran Bazaar that brings back memories and Seine Crossing. Didn't recall you could rent a server on BF3. I rented a server a couple times on BF4. it it quit dear like and still to this day i think it's the same price still.

I'm starting to get use to BF1 now, starting to get more familiar with the maps. Getting a few good kill streaks and sometimes die a few deaths on the trot. How long does it take to rank up on a certain gun i've noticed so many players have a gun at 100 * stars?

Getting frustrated quit a few times, when your squad leader and your gheading towards a flag to defend or capture quit a lot of the time your on your own trying to be a 1 Man Army lol.

Trouble with games now everyone moves onto the next thing so fast, multiplayer becomes boring within a year because it’s either full of experienced players or noobs.
Bf1 back in the day was epic I wish they would just remake it with a new name... 😂

Shooting someone with the flare gun then knifing them is still my favourite tactic for close quarters with the scout kit.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
When i meeaged you on PSN, the last time i messaged you was back in back in Jan 2018 and we were talking about BF1 back in Dec 2016. So yeah been a few years for you and me.

I've been on past few days as it's Double XP, ranked up to 134. Would like to get it to max rank at 150 before the next BF comes out.

Just been looking on the Career tab on BF1, total hours played on BF1 is 386 hours with 25501 kills and on BF4 I've played 1757 hours with 89012 Kills. Such a huge difference. I'm doing not too bad considering playing with veterans on BF1.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Here's some Martini Henry kills from last week, Had a really good game with some good clips but didn't record it :(

Shame i didn't get the kill with my medical syringe, that would of been epic. i think you get something for killing with the syringe or it might be with the defib on BF4.

Felt a bit dirty on the last clip but was laying down fore so our team could push and get the flag on the bridge, Could of gotten a few more like.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
It still get's me about the gas mask, either pressing the button for the mask when there's no gas and taking it off then back on when there's gas around.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Did a LiveStream just now on BF1, first couple games were quit good i thought. After that the games got a bit boring and teams were capping all flags and did base @@@ing

Got some good good kill streaks going and, i don't feel as relaxed when streaming lol

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Aye defo, the noise be insane and the echo coming from it too. I forgot i had another game with some Matrini-Henry clips in it, with quit a few boyonett charges too as i needed 25 charge to get the other Martini-Henry sniper rifle. I've got it now though.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Just had a really good game on Senei Desert or what ever you cal it. 33-6 on Conquest with the M1907 SL Sweeper going round majority of the flags capture n defending them.At the start of the round i double pressed the share button ot record At the end of the game i double pressed the share button to finish record but instead of to finish the recording it started to record, i was fuming. I looked and it some how took a screen shot. I was on Amazon and placed an order of the Elgato HD60S+ but i cancelled it and don't wasnt to spend £177 on a recording device.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
You need to check your settings @Geddes .
I'm sure you can have double tap to just save the past X minutes (you can decide how long I think)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
You need to check your settings @Geddes .
I'm sure you can have double tap to just save the past X minutes (you can decide how long I think)
I didn't know that, all i knew that if you double press it then starts recording, i know the PS5 does that it records past x amount of minutes. If the PS4 does this i'll do that then

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't know that, all i knew that if you double press it then starts recording, i know the PS5 does that it records past x amount of minutes. If the PS4 does this i'll do that then
I think I had mine set at 30 minutes on the PS4.
You pressed the share button once and it brought up the side menu. You can then press triangle for a screenshot or square for gameplay recording I think.
I never bothered with double tap.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
When i first had the PS4 i noticed it recorded the last x amount of minutes but i never figured it out, for some reason then on i double pressed the share button and never looked back.

I'll have a play about with the side menu and can't find anything about anything else.

It's about 25mins to 30 mins a round on Conquest but i have it on 60 mins, sometimes i press the button at anytime and it's annoying as you don't know that it's recording or not.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
44-16 sniping on operation sand thing.
That's a pretty good score that all being sniper kills. I'm not a one to stand still in one spot for minutes on end as a lot of people do on this game especially when their prone.

When you popping on BF1?

Here's another video off clips from today and yesterday

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I don't really stand still tbh, I get bored too quickly lol.

Not sure yet mate as might be on warzone for a few days.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Had my best game kills wise in conquest since coming back to the game . Here’s a video

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Here's some Martini Henry kills from last week, Had a really good game with some good clips but didn't record it :(

Shame i didn't get the kill with my medical syringe, that would of been epic. i think you get something for killing with the syringe or it might be with the defib on BF4.

Felt a bit dirty on the last clip but was laying down fore so our team could push and get the flag on the bridge, Could of gotten a few more like.

It's interesting watching those back. Quite often, you're not leading the moving targets at all - instead aiming at the body of the target itself and firing, which clearly works. I'm wondering if the game engine is much more player 'friendly' towards planting the crosshairs on targets you want to hit, rather than worrying about any real bullet-drop, wind-drift, time to target, etc? Or... is it a server setting for the simplicity?

I've been brainwashed into leading moving targets since I started using a keyboard and mouse. Each game takes a while for it to 'click' and you can estimate on the fly just how far and above the target you need to fire your round. It never felt natural at all with either BF1 or BFV and I'm now wondering if this is the case? Static, non-moving enemies are OK, but tracking moving ones I've have an appalling hit rate with.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I see what you mean about leading the target. I don’t think on the Martini-Henry there’s no need to lead target as it has a fast bullet time. Been playing with other sniper rifles and one in particular you definitely need to lead the target. What I like about BF1 compared to BF5 is that there’s no medic or ammo stations. It’s so annoying that people abuse this so they put those AP Mines can’t remember what you call them, the ones spring up once your close to it. Also your health if you get hit it does go back to 100% after a short while.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Found this video from Battlefield Bad Company 2. Thought I'd share this even though it's not BF1. Just some fun with C4 and Vehicles

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure why I only had this one screenshot in a saved folder - I had several caught with the utter BS hit-detection that was in BF1 from the death-cam view.

Amazing double tank piercing rounds to get me. I really, really wish I had that one I recall from the bloke who shot me from behind a hill though. That was beyond comical.

1613146663327.png

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Made a video from some games yesterday. The difference between the PS4 and PS5 controller is noticable, as you can tell still need to adjust to the controller