ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 2042

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
People have been asking for Bad Company 3 or similar for well over a decade, and look at the mess we get given.

I know I won't be ordering another Battlefield game, till it's released and reviewed. Not putting up with this s**t again.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Anyone on here still playing this? only played about 20 hours and haven’t been on for a long time, was wondering if anyone was going to be on tomorrow and be up for a couple games and see whats it like at the minute

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Decided to jump on this few days ago and had about 15 mins Gameplay and I turned it off, was just horrible, the game mechanics, the graphics and the user interface was way confusing.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Decided to jump on this few days ago and had about 15 mins Gameplay and I turned it off, was just horrible, the game mechanics, the graphics and the user interface was way confusing.

PC or console?

I gave up after an update that left you with more items/actions to use than there were buttons on the controller for.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
PC or console?

I gave up after an update that left you with more items/actions to use than there were buttons on the controller for.
on console, i think your right i'm sure they wasnt as many options last time i was on lots and lots of Months ago

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
If you think that's bad - the current UI crown of utter shite for an FPS, has to go to Ghost Recon - Break Point.

It's like each section was designed by a different dev team. But to appease the teams and keep them all sweet - the dev manager just said 'yes' to every suggestion and feature that they made.

A complete, over-bloated mess - and exactly the thing you DON'T want in an FPS when things get busy.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
on console, i think your right i'm sure they wasnt as many options last time i was on lots and lots of Months ago

IIRC they went back to the old class system as "that's what the community wants"

Except it was dogshit and now only f**king weirdos are left playing it.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Yeah i heard that they went to the old class system, i looked at this new class system and they made a bad job of that too on the UI. say compared to BF1 or BF4. No way I'm pre ordering the new BF, any news on this or havn't looked to see if theres a new thread on this topic

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
IIRC they went back to the old class system as "that's what the community wants"

Except it was dogshit and now only f**king weirdos are left playing it.
Now I'm actually a fan of the distinct class system - one that goes back to the very first BF1942. It makes you think about how you're going to play as soon as you spawn. It makes you actively want to support other team-mates where your kit is an advantage.

I really don't like the one-man-army approach that unfortunately litters a lot of FPSs.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Now I'm actually a fan of the distinct class system - one that goes back to the very first BF1942. It makes you think about how you're going to play as soon as you spawn. It makes you actively want to support other team-mates where your kit is an advantage.

I really don't like the one-man-army approach that unfortunately litters a lot of FPSs.

Aye but they made the vehicles way OP and fucked up the map design so there was nowhere near enough cover or indoor spaces.
Kinda made the class system moot when no-one had a chance when a vehicle shows up

Plus, on the console there were more actions than buttons on the controller, so the whole thing played odd.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
We've not heard anything about another title in the Battlefield franchise either. 2042 was launched 3 years after BFV, and it was known to be in development a year before that.

It's coming up to 3 years since 2042 was released already, and not a thing has been said. With the crap reviews and terrible player numbers, they might not fancy another.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
We've not heard anything about another title in the Battlefield franchise either. 2042 was launched 3 years after BFV, and it was known to be in development a year before that.

It's coming up to 3 years since 2042 was released already, and not a thing has been said. With the crap reviews and terrible player numbers, they might not fancy another.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member

Seems like it's more at least like 2025/2026, but no real details. They were releasing info on the development work being done on 2042 long before the announcement, and 2 years into BFV.

You just don't get the kind of feeling this time round.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Aye but they made the vehicles way OP and fucked up the map design so there was nowhere near enough cover or indoor spaces.
Kinda made the class system moot when no-one had a chance when a vehicle shows up

Plus, on the console there were more actions than buttons on the controller, so the whole thing played odd.
The cardinal sin they made was to give the vehicles unlimited ammo.

Again, BF2142 incorporated some very clever pros & cons into the vehicle pool, some 18 years ago. It seems as the iterations of BF move forward - they forget some of the mechanics that made that title in particular, so good.

The walkers - one for each side. One was slightly bulkier than the other, and trickier to take down. The other smaller, but with more exposed weak points. One had unlimited ammo for the main gun, but limited ammo for the top gunner and the other walker, vice versa - meaning that trips to ammo drops or calling them in from the commander as a drop were important. Commander mode too? Used to be a purely playable option for someone with an iPad if so needed. That got culled too?

One side's tank was a traditional type with a 360 degree turret and a separate top gunner. The other, was a hover tank and with a fixed barrel facing forward, meaning that the entire tank had to be moved to face the enemy. Yet hovering allowed that tank to strafe left and right - something that was impossible in the other tank.

There were numerous, clever features that made BF2142 great. Yet over time these have been watered down or lost completely for the mundane push of trinkets and endless 'skins'.

They really have lost their way.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Ammo was limited in BFV, which makes it even more silly. It's not like they'd forgotten that mechanism, they made a conscious decision to leave it out.

Then the vehicles get self-repair, thermal smoke, flares for the ones flying and of course the massive helicopter you can use the repair gun on while sat in the passenger seat.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I been looking and nothing been said about another Battlefield. What would be nice is a remaster on the BF3 , BF4 and maybe earlier title

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Ammo was limited in BFV, which makes it even more silly. It's not like they'd forgotten that mechanism, they made a conscious decision to leave it out.

Then the vehicles get self-repair, thermal smoke, flares for the ones flying and of course the massive helicopter you can use the repair gun on while sat in the passenger seat.
Yeah - self-repairing vehicles is turd.

More so as you say - when engineers can hang out of helicopters and pretty much make a chopper invulnerable. Many stupid times we played with BF:BC2 where tracer darts were redundant as the chopper pilot simply dropped smoke to render them useless, and even with a hit, their crew onboard just kept getting the spanner set out.

'Sniping' a chopper using the tank's main gun was rarely more satisfying.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
'Sniping' a chopper using the tank's main gun was rarely more satisfying.

or on BF1 with those fixed cannons that were left around, that was extremely satisfying to hit a plane.

Flicked 2042 on last night, to find they'd messed around with the guns on some vehicles. The 30mm and 50mm cannon has been taken off the Jeep/Hovercraft. Those vehicles were barely used anyway, now they've been nerfed further.

I used to love using the cannons on those, never expected it because no-one puts the time in to get the kills and unlock those guns.

The more they fiddle with it, the more boring it's become. Just a sad COD clone now.