ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 2042

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Nice little menu bug.

Oh yeah I noticed my brother was playing 2042 last week. Only it was showing as *insert foreign characters here* 2042 through Origin.

Texted to see if I could join him. His laptop wasn't even on, he reported that the account had been hacked to EA. They banned him.

Problem solv......wait? :unsure:

Update to this is he was assured that the account has clearly been hacked from China and it'll be restored.

Got an email today saying "AFTER THOROUGHLY INVESTIGATING YOUR ACCOUNT AND CONCERN, WE FOUND THAT YOUR ACCOUNT WAS ACTIONED CORRECTLY, AND THE SANCTION WILL REMAIN IN PLACE"

Angry brother. Customer service quality on par with games.

*login verification now enabled on my account*

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Nice little menu bug.

Update to this is he was assured that the account has clearly been hacked from China and it'll be restored.

Got an email today saying "AFTER THOROUGHLY INVESTIGATING YOUR ACCOUNT AND CONCERN, WE FOUND THAT YOUR ACCOUNT WAS ACTIONED CORRECTLY, AND THE SANCTION WILL REMAIN IN PLACE"

Angry brother. Customer service quality on par with games.

*login verification now enabled on my account*

He rang them again yesterday, "You'll just have to keep trying." Put forward to the terms team again. Responded today.

IMG-20220107-WA0001.jpg

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Anyone been on this much? I tried the "Zombie" mode when that was live for a day or two...then they took it down because it was basically an Official "bot xp farm" even though in the same update they'd applied new rules to Portal modes to prevent bot farms being made... Skipped over to Breakthrough and did a round or two after that.

It still has that sort of chaotic/cinematic Battlefield feel I enjoy, I've just not had much urge to bother playing it lately. Mainly due to the above situation leaving a bad taste in my mouth even though it's sod all to do with my account.

Still got loads of clips saved though flol.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I’ve barely turned my PC on the last month or so tbh. Wouldn’t mind new maps on BF.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
People still play this?!?! This game continues to be a f**king joke, no hope for it and will no doubt will become f2p so some people actually play it, what a f**king mess.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Haven't been on this at all past Month or so. Even before then i barely touched it only played 21 hours on the game. Good job though I'm playing it anymore any time soon. Been enjoying other games at the minute

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
People still play this?!?! This game continues to be a f**king joke, no hope for it and will no doubt will become f2p so some people actually play it, what a f**king mess.

Whats the problem it's clearly EArly access they just didn't tell us?

Season 1 starts in summer, useless c***s lol. Why lie so hard that it was ahead of schedule.

1643724724644.png

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Have any PS5 players noticed the matchmaking has got dogshit lately, more specifically when you're in a party. It just sits you on that "Waiting for other players to join" screen and does f**k all.

But you split the party up and join a game it's straight in, no problems?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
It's a shame as I really liked how the game felt (movement wise). They really didn't help themselves with how buggy it was.

From previous, if not all, old BF games I don't think anyone was expecting it to be bug free upon release. But leaving loads of features out just seems so bizarre. Have they even added in voice chat yet? No huge deal for PC players but if you want to play with other platforms it can be a headache.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
It's a shame as I really liked how the game felt (movement wise). They really didn't help themselves with how buggy it was.

From previous, if not all, old BF games I don't think anyone was expecting it to be bug free upon release. But leaving loads of features out just seems so bizarre. Have they even added in voice chat yet? No huge deal for PC players but if you want to play with other platforms it can be a headache.

Don't think so. I think the scoreboard is coming very soon though.

200.gif

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Don't think so. I think the scoreboard is coming very soon though.

View attachment 1582782

Wasn't the entire reason the scoreboard was left out originally was so players didn't feel so bad when they'd had another shocker of a round and so kept on playing instead of uninstalling the game as they now will?

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
He rang them again yesterday, "You'll just have to keep trying." Put forward to the terms team again. Responded today.

View attachment 1574112

So last week, pretty much 3 months to the day of the ban he got access back out of the blue.

We jumped onto 2042 and his profile was level S005 so someone had clearly been going nuts on it with hacks.

Tried two games of 128 player breakthrough, I checked the scoreboard in the second game and 29 out of the visible 64 players on the scoreboard were AI. I thought they didn't want bot farms in it? :LOL:

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
It's dead and buried at this point. The only people playing are mental enthusiasts who are crazy good, so there's nothing for the casual players.
EA/DICE identified a bunch of problems people have with the game, then went and said they weren't fixing those till summer.

Naturally 95% of people then fucked them off, bunch of pisstakers.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I haven’t been on this for a very long time, way before Xmas. My mates sense me an invite the other week, the game is deleted lol. I haven’t been watching any BF2042 footage either. They say they working on the next Battlefield now lol, am I right saying that? Coming out in 2024

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I saw something similar pop up in my news feed, not sure if it's true or just a rumour. It didn't sound very good tho. 'Near future' so pretty much a clone of 2042??
Remember seeing an interview with a developer, he said "We should have just made Bad Company 3"

Yea no s**t, the same f**king game everyone has been calling for you to make for over a decade??? How f**king disconnected are this company?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Not touched this one at all. Annoys me a bit that it appears to be similarly titled to the best BF game of all time - Battlefield 2142.

Go back to your roots DICE. It worked brilliantly back then and like a 14th iteration of a film series - I think you maybe missing the plot, these days.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Not touched this one at all. Annoys me a bit that it appears to be similarly titled to the best BF game of all time - Battlefield 2142.

Go back to your roots DICE. It worked brilliantly back then and like a 14th iteration of a film series - I think you maybe missing the plot, these days.

Aye you've not missed a great deal. I wouldn't trust the next game to be any good tho, they've properly took the piss out of the fanbase with this one, I don't want to be giving them anymore money unless it's properly decent and I'm sure most others feel the same.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Aye you've not missed a great deal. I wouldn't trust the next game to be any good tho, they've properly took the piss out of the fanbase with this one, I don't want to be giving them anymore money unless it's properly decent and I'm sure most others feel the same.

Yeah, definitely won't be pre-ordering anything they bring out next.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Tried the new map and it's half decent.

Shame there isn't a breakthrough 24/7 mode for it. As soon as it flicked to the updated version of Renewal we just got held in spawn which was an open road while they nailed us from a hill. 😑

Random clip.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Had another go on this last night. I'd heard that the mouse input felt better with a recent update but it felt the same to me really. On very rare occasions it just plain didn't work for a split second which was weird as I'd not had that before.

Had fun sniping tbf, much more relaxed than the Vanguard games I'd played earlier in the day. 😅

Still got it.

200.gif

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
How are you finding it? Must admit I probably haven't played since the post above.
In all fairness, I've not gone online with it yet. I've just been up against the bots so far, learning some of the maps and getting a feel for some of the mechanics of the game.

It definitely has a proper BF vibe to it - way more than BF1 or BFV ever did. Somehow it also looks considerably more detailed and runs smoother.

I suspect that I'll get absolutely owned online, but having picked it up cheap in a recent 75% off EA sale - I can't really grumble.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
This game is dogshit compared to BF1 and BFV, it was an utter turd when it was released, they put a s**t load of effort into it, put in loads of extra content.

It was still crap. The number of active players is pathetic for a AAA title.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
This game is dogshit compared to BF1 and BFV, it was an utter turd when it was released, they put a s**t load of effort into it, put in loads of extra content.

Yeah this is my view on it too unfortunately. BF1/BFV were epic for me, visually, thematically, gameplay wise. This felt like a step back with a lot of mechanics (which are presumably back in now) and the whole 2042 setting/backstory did nothing for me really.

Had some fun with it but it definitely missed it's opportunity to draw me in for a couple of years!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

I've never rage quitted from a BF title before. Sure, I've sworn at the screen before now like a little kid and had a tantrum - but never actually shutdown the game in a fit of rage like with BF1.

The atmosphere and feel within BF1 was epic on the campaign mode. Online - holy s**t, what an absolute mess. It was so far removed from the earlier BF games as to be almost unrecognisable. I was spraying an praying at bunny-hopping mongs 2ft away and losing. I was headshotting enemies with a pistol off in the distance. I actually put the kettle on. made a brew, had a bath and watched a film before any AT gun I was manning had reloaded. Absolute ridiculous horse charges seemingly being impervious to a hail of bullets. Oh, and DX12 mode made it as slick as trying to launch the game on ZX Spectrum.

Single-handedly, I think BF1 was responsible for my dislike of FPS PvP games. And looking back on the legacies of BF1942, BF2142 and BF:BC2, that fact just annoyed me even more. I don't know how they could have got a series so well established, so wrong and just utterly frustrating to play. Definitely a title for in the bin when it comes to online.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I still haven’t played this for a very long time, had a look and I think I played about 40 hours in this game so far. No way I’m pre ordering the next one and I have no interest playing 2042 any time soon. My most played BF is still BF1

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I still haven’t played this for a very long time, had a look and I think I played about 40 hours in this game so far. No way I’m pre ordering the next one and I have no interest playing 2042 any time soon. My most played BF is still BF1
If EA just did a BF2142 redux, I'd be more than happy! :)

I think the most time spent for me on a BF title is a close run thing between BF2142 and BF:BC2. Though tbh, I bet the time I spent in the original BF1942 is pretty hefty too. I remember when the demo was released for that on the El Alamein map and I just played it to death. It was such a fresh approach to the FPS genre back then.