ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 2042

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member

Beta next week :D

Video seems to indicate 6-9th for pre-orders, 8-9th for everyone.

Just in time for me to go back to work. Ffs.
Glad it's been bumped back tbh, she now wants to go away for half term (the original release date)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
how does the open beta work then? I've purchased the gold edition game from PSN, do i just log in PS on Wednesday and open up the game for 2042 for the beta to work?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
early access is on the 6th and for everyone else it’s the 8th and finishes on the 10th. That’s what I’ve come across.

there’s no code for the beta to input on PSN as I’ve purchased the game digitally. The last times I’ve bought games and played the beta was through a code that I inputed but not this time round.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I forgot we're in BST so it starts at 08:00.

Was gonna sneak an hour or so on it before heading out, might get 20 mins to poke around instead lol.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
It let's you click play but then I got a garbled "update your drivers dickhead" message. yessirmrbattlefieldsir.

(I've been running Nvidia drivers from ages back as they're apparently best for COD)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Think I can download Friday am. Will have a blast over the weekend all being well. Warzobe the past couple of days has been A* hard work so nice to have a change

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Some good games today, got a nice kill spree on top one of the buildings.

Overall it feels like it'll be a good game, few bugs they need to iron out though.

200.gif

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Some of those motion blur effects are really distracting. Hopefully they can be turned off in settings for the full game.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
The friendly cursor above team mates heads is too small, you can probably change this though. When a team mate is in your face it's hard to tell the difference.

Had a nice 610m sniper headshot against some bot. The sniper you get is weak as piss though. I had 3x body hit markers on one guy and even a headshot hit marker on another.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
And when I say headshot hitmarker, I mean an actual headshot. 😂

You get colour changes indicating headshots and broken armour.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Game looks like it lacks loads of detail or have you both turned the settings down?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Mine defaulted to high but turned some settings down to medium. Not really looked through the settings fully.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I've heard people saying the PS4 version is suffering frame rate issues, so maybe just too much game for the old console to handle?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I've heard people saying the PS4 version is suffering frame rate issues, so maybe just too much game for the old console to handle?
Not surprising tbh. Those old jaguar CPUs are slow as fudge.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I’ve had about 4 or 5 hours gameplay today and I really enjoy it but needs a lot of ironing out, it’s almost unplayable if your a passenger in any vehicle I have to bail out as it’s so jumpy. I think the map is too big, needs more vehicles like jeeps or quads to get about.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just had two games. f**k it's hard work coming off warzone/cod.

As said above, being in a vehicle is almost impossible, was on the mini gun of a Heli and the pilots upper torso was floating in front of me.

I took cross play off so will try that tomorrow night.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Had some decent games with Noddie earlier, I’m loving it tbh. The M5A3 kills so quickly if you hit the shots.