ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 2042

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Played a match solo last night and it reminded me that I'm not too fussed on conquest anymore (getting shot in the back constantly 😅).

Always gravitate towards breakthrough/rush now where there are more defined lines.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Assuming it goes open 8am tomorrow, you might be able to pre-download it though. Try one of the linked I posted previous maybe.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I enjoyed it. I do need to play around with my sensitivities though as I found tracking shots were a bit off.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Yeah my sensitivity is way off. Taking a split second longer to kill enemies

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I've only played about 4 hours on the game so far and i'm really into it, it has loads of potential but it is unplayable in vehicles a lot of times. I might take off cross play and see how that goes. I'm really liking the Assualt AK-24 rifle and the LCMG gun. Need more practice on the DMR's and Sniper Rifles

I've made a Settings Guide, hopefully it might be of use to you. I'm still tweeking them as it's a bit confusing compared to other BF's

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
You going to be joining us once it’s released fully @Geddes ?

I’m interested to see if you’ve remembered all the shooting techniques I taught you 10 years ago. 😘 #swet

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
You going to be joining us once it’s released fully @Geddes ?

I’m interested to see if you’ve remembered all the shooting techniques I taught you 10 years ago. 😘 #swet
yeah sure i'd defo be joining you, I'm not one of those players that pitches up a tent I'm still a bit of a Rambo and go round the flags. if i see connection issues or something I'll be out lol but yeah defo up for some games. Not sure how to bring up the comma rose though on this game

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
just had a joy ride through the torando and the lighning strikes kinda blew up the rocket and everything s**t hit the fan, WOW what an incredible sight. I'll get a video up shortly.

It is a bit tough this game once you get use to the kits what the charaters have and get use to the settings, It's putting me off a lot of times and getting killed cos of it

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Not sure how to bring up the comma rose though on this game

Think it's busted at the moment. You can ping objectives as orders if you're the squad leader.

Pc upgrade required me thinks.

Worth downloading the Beta to see how it plays first!

Did a match before

...dat last snipe

200.gif

"I played with a couple of things in the menu before this match: - Turned steady scope to OFF - the menu doesn't explain it very well but I think with it set to ON holding breath is on a toggle. Not great for quick snipes and I could feel the scope drifting a lot whilst it was ON.
- Set grenades to throw automatically (they do this even if you scroll to them on the mouse wheel...)
- Always use traversal sprint to ON" (saw some streamers using it)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
nice shots there esp with the 2 or 3 kills on the trot. i tried sniping for like a couple minutes and thought nah it's not for me, feels like it's BF4 sniping, i very rarely use a scoper sniper rifle now , not since MW2 lol

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
The Beta feels quite rough around the edges, bit messy but that’s sort of expected for Battlefield Betas, still enjoyed it but not sure I’ll pick it up again until it’s released.

I’m not sure I’m overly happy with the map, bit s**t but I usually don’t play such open maps and nothing jumps out at me as being amazing about it, nothing really compares to BF3 for me.

I found my first game (PC) it was stuttering every now and then, but the second was fine, apparently this might be due to the shaders sorting themselves out in the background, bit annoying though.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
The Beta feels quite rough around the edges, bit messy but that’s sort of expected for Battlefield Betas, still enjoyed it but not sure I’ll pick it up again until it’s released.

I’m not sure I’m overly happy with the map, bit s**t but I usually don’t play such open maps and nothing jumps out at me as being amazing about it, nothing really compares to BF3 for me.

I found my first game (PC) it was stuttering every now and then, but the second was fine, apparently this might be due to the shaders sorting themselves out in the background, bit annoying though.
your right it is abit rough round the edges like, i think the map generally is really good. One thing i've mentioned a couple times on here and on YT, sometimes you doon't see anyone for a minute or two and all of a sudden you'll see loads of them. The physics on the vehicles and the gameplay just needs getting use too as it's different than the other BF's i think. it has got loads of potential but i think it's a tad too big the map and I'm not sure off hand that this isn't the biggest map as the maps have various sizes.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
your right it is abit rough round the edges like, i think the map generally is really good. One thing i've mentioned a couple times on here and on YT, sometimes you doon't see anyone for a minute or two and all of a sudden you'll see loads of them. The physics on the vehicles and the gameplay just needs getting use too as it's different than the other BF's i think. it has got loads of potential but i think it's a tad too big the map and I'm not sure off hand that this isn't the biggest map as the maps have various sizes.

The gun play feels extremely COD rather than BF imo, also I’m not sure how I feel about 128 player servers but then filling them with loads of bots, personally I would rather have 64 players and actually be playing vs humans. I hope this is just for the beta and not the norm going forward as they are just a distraction and extremely retarded gameplay wise, as expected.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
The gun play feels extremely COD rather than BF imo, also I’m not sure how I feel about 128 player servers but then filling them with loads of bots, personally I would rather have 64 players and actually be playing vs humans. I hope this is just for the beta and not the norm going forward as they are just a distraction and extremely retarded gameplay wise, as expected.
I haven't encountered any bots?

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
It is odd, you shoot someone stood in the open expecting it to say AI and it doesn't 😅

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
A lad I work with is a massive BF fanboy, but he's said he's put off by this BF because it's too much like COD. And I can agree with him tbh...

However, I really like COD so I really like this🤣🤣

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Will give my feedback later lol. Bf over cod all day long so will be interesting.

Downloaf finished about 1.30. Thought have a blast, didn't work, stupid game.

Can't play until 8am. Stupid human.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I had a little play last night and honestly didn't really rate it much. Probably just takes a bit of adjustment coming from cod but I can't seem to find an auto sprint which is throwing me off from the get go. Map doesn't seem very interesting most of it is just open area. most interesting thing to happen was running into the tornado.

A little disclaimer though I was doing s**t just getting shot by people that I can't even see. Roll on Halo I guess..

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I had a little play last night and honestly didn't really rate it much. Probably just takes a bit of adjustment coming from cod but I can't seem to find an auto sprint which is throwing me off from the get go. Map doesn't seem very interesting most of it is just open area. most interesting thing to happen was running into the tornado.

A little disclaimer though I was doing s**t just getting shot by people that I can't even see. Roll on Halo I guess..

It's called traversal sprint in the menu I think. Seems to just sprint forever like that....

Managed to get an FPS counter working, seemed to be between 70-105 (5900X and 3070) on the Low preset. I tried the Freethy config jumped up was topping out at around 120 although that changes all the HUD colours and stuff so need to try and make a more vanilla looking hybrid.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
It's called traversal sprint in the menu I think. Seems to just sprint forever like that....

Managed to get an FPS counter working, seemed to be between 70-105 (5900X and 3070) on the Low preset. I tried the Freethy config jumped up was topping out at around 120 although that changes all the HUD colours and stuff so need to try and make a more vanilla looking hybrid.

Yeah I still have to activate it though so whenever I stop I have to click the joystick. In cod with auto tac sprint you just move the stick and it'll auto sprint straight away. Not a huge gripe and I know it's just a matter of getting used to it. The unlimited sprint is handy when you consider the map size. No need to slide cancel non stop to enable sprint.

I think the transversal sprint is just a bit faster with the gun pointing higher or that's what I found when googling. ADS may be slower too. Who's battlefields version of JGOD? 😂

I'm not giving up on it yet anyway I'll jump on again tonight for a bit.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Yeah I still have to activate it though so whenever I stop I have to click the joystick. In cod with auto tac sprint you just move the stick and it'll auto sprint straight away. Not a huge gripe and I know it's just a matter of getting used to it. The unlimited sprint is handy when you consider the map size. No need to slide cancel non stop to enable sprint.

Oh I see!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I haven’t been on today yet, but had about another 2 hours around tea time and after reading the last few comments. I agree that yeah it is a far bigger map but you sprint faster in this game compared to others and it does get you round the map faster but it puts me off close quarters and I find I’ve been going through the attachments or switching weapons far too much for my liking. As one of you said it’s less like BF and more like COD , I’ll be playing this quite a bit more but I’ll be back into BF1 again

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Tornado comes, rocket tries to blast off whilst we're parachuting near it. Rocket explodes with lightning all around it, tornado pulls us in and we see more explosions through it.

Fecking mental 🙉 :eek: 🙉 :eek:

Edit:

Last edited: