ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield V

CBR1000RR Fireblade
We've all bought this to play online (ps4)

It's not a very good game online imo. Spawn, die, spawn, die, spawn, die...... rinse and repeat. I've even spawned right next to an enemy firing his gun directly at me.....

Lag is insane when shooting enemies. 3/4 clear headshots but I die with with one shot to the leg? Ok then.

I'm glad I only paid £10 for it from Asda or I would be pissed

Back to rdr2 I go

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
It's not a very good game online imo. Spawn, die, spawn, die, spawn, die...... rinse and repeat. I've even spawned right next to an enemy firing his gun directly at me.....

I've been that man before.

See a remote spawn beacon and just stand by it for a minute or two, see if anyone pops out.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I've been that man before.

See a remote spawn beacon and just stand by it for a minute or two, see if anyone pops out.

Yeah, its not for me isn't a game like that. Complete waste of time and zero enjoyment.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
We've all bought this to play online (ps4)

That's the essence of these games - but I do think they have lost their way. We are still burdened with the cosmetic crap that makes no odds to the game whatsoever. Do I give a toss that some sniper bloke has head-shotted me from 200m, but had the ultra rare giraffe-combo jungle skin on his rifle? Not in the slightest. Do I care if I have it? Couldn't give a toss - especially with a sniper rifle as you'd be scoped-up for the majority of the time anyway. Yet skins make money so they feel compelled to offer them.

K/D ratios have become king but at the massive detriment of everything else. Squad tactics - even in their most rudimentary form are almost not existent. I've seen players literally solo run over crest-lines on ridges without any thinking or concept as to what will be on the other side - usually firing on the run where they couldn't hit a static target at 10ft. Spatial awareness for your other squad mates is piss poor - why huddle with the support guy when you're playing as support yourself? Tag onto the medic or the recon. Then there's the classic of all four players spawning as the same damn class....

I've said similar before - the biggest frustration I have with the likes of the BF series is that they had it SO right for so long. Over several titles as well. Now it's a mish-mash of gaming concepts that all dilute each other in a way as to make it frustrating to play. The co-op objectives where you can have up to three other team members are great alternative mode to the regular spawn-kill-die-repeat formula. But who plays them? Nobody. I've let the Quick Match timer run its course several times and not one single other player joins my round.

Even searching the server browser brings back very poor results compared to the BF games of old and clearly, it's a shame. The latest BF looks and certainly sounds great. But it currently feels like an elaborate works Christmas Do with the DJ on form and bar open for business. Yet you look around and aside from yourself, you're left alone with Paula from accounts and Fat Dave from the warehouse.

It's a soulless experience and I really don't know what DICE could do to fix it. It looks the part and has bags of visual atmosphere. But as an involving FPS, it misses the mark on many, many levels.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
That's the essence of these games - but I do think they have lost their way. We are still burdened with the cosmetic crap that makes no odds to the game whatsoever. Do I give a toss that some sniper bloke has head-shotted me from 200m, but had the ultra rare giraffe-combo jungle skin on his rifle? Not in the slightest. Do I care if I have it? Couldn't give a toss - especially with a sniper rifle as you'd be scoped-up for the majority of the time anyway. Yet skins make money so they feel compelled to offer them.

K/D ratios have become king but at the massive detriment of everything else. Squad tactics - even in their most rudimentary form are almost not existent. I've seen players literally solo run over crest-lines on ridges without any thinking or concept as to what will be on the other side - usually firing on the run where they couldn't hit a static target at 10ft. Spatial awareness for your other squad mates is piss poor - why huddle with the support guy when you're playing as support yourself? Tag onto the medic or the recon. Then there's the classic of all four players spawning as the same damn class....

I've said similar before - the biggest frustration I have with the likes of the BF series is that they had it SO right for so long. Over several titles as well. Now it's a mish-mash of gaming concepts that all dilute each other in a way as to make it frustrating to play. The co-op objectives where you can have up to three other team members are great alternative mode to the regular spawn-kill-die-repeat formula. But who plays them? Nobody. I've let the Quick Match timer run its course several times and not one single other player joins my round.

Even searching the server browser brings back very poor results compared to the BF games of old and clearly, it's a shame. The latest BF looks and certainly sounds great. But it currently feels like an elaborate works Christmas Do with the DJ on form and bar open for business. Yet you look around and aside from yourself, you're left alone with Paula from accounts and Fat Dave from the warehouse.

It's a soulless experience and I really don't know what DICE could do to fix it. It looks the part and has bags of visual atmosphere. But as an involving FPS, it misses the mark on many, many levels.

I agree with this. However, I have discovered that if you can pull together a squad of friends who are tactically astute, each performing a different agreed role and performing it well, you absolutely annihilate the opposition.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Finished the War Stories last night. Quite moving and evocative with the text written at the end of each one. Good to see you playing as the Germans in one of them - especially reflecting on the hopelessness of the situation by the end of WW2.

Now if I could only find one other person on Planet Earth that would be interested in playing co-op - I might play this a bit more.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I found War Storys boring as s**t personally, it just seemed like the same old setup for each one.

Battle through hordes of really stupid AI, culminating in one huge fight right at the end.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I found War Storys boring as s**t personally, it just seemed like the same old setup for each one.

Battle through hordes of really stupid AI, culminating in one huge fight right at the end.
If you crack the 'stupid AI' conundrum - you'll be an instant multi-millionaire! It's the bane of most single-player/co-op games, especially within FPSs. In the RTS genre, it can appear quite intelligent at times.

Part of me would however still prefer a leisurely play-through of a round with dumb AI - compared to some audio gobshite of a player who's been playing it 2,842 hours and can't even begin to comprehend how you don't understand the map layout.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Am in the only person who plays Battlefield V by themselves? Dont think i've ever played in a group with anyone else ☺
#nofriends.
A shame in a way that they bagged off bots from the BF series. Quite good fun on BF2142 and very handy at allowing you to learn the quite tricky aerial transport controls - rather than plummet 5+yourself into the ground in a flaming death.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Is it any good?

Might be tempted as Warzone is doing my nut.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I am very much looking forward to what 6 brings.
Don't think there's been much said about it has there? Launch in late 21?

Haven't checked mate. Just hope they incorporate the good points from previous. We need buildings blowing up completely.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Haven't checked mate. Just hope they incorporate the good points from previous. We need buildings blowing up completely.
I sacked the last one off quite quickly. Seen they brought in a barrel royal mode in with firestorm in one of them. I imagine there will be another BR format in the next one.
I hope it's modern settings though.