ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BB Chat

Hyundai i40
Ive had this happen to a few people now and its quiet annoying

When ive added people they just stay as Pending and they dont get a request

anyone else had this trouble?

CS rules fact....knowers of all :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I got a request now you're pending after I accepted!

Bus w**ker
Happened to me too but only with you. I thought you didn't want to have BB cyber with me. :(

I've tried resending the request to your PIN. Are you using a Curve by any chance? Resending your service books might sort it.

Bus w**ker
If you're feeling brave, you could install the leaked version of BBM 5.0. Massive improvements over the current version, but it is beta software so be warned and make sure you do a full backup first.

Link.

I'm just installing now. :)

Bus w**ker
Installed and it's sooooo good. Seriously it's a s**t load better than the last version and has so many more options. :)

Bus w**ker
utf-8BQ2FwdHVyZTlfMzJfMTQuanBn.gif

You can also add people to BBM 5.0 using this barcode thingy, BBM -> Berrybutton -> Add Contact -> Scan barcode (you can also find yours within the same menu and choose to save it ;)), so here's mine.

bbm_barcode.jpg

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
nips, i removed my old blackberry and it has wiped out my contacts! damn it.

AK

M240i
Sym0n you seem pretty clued up in BBs!

Just got an 8800.. want to update the OS, but it didnt come with a cd for the software to use my pc to back-up and update it etc, where can i get the software?

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Is there a way to manually install, as it doesnt want to do it via apploader. it says when i select the .alx file... "no additional applications for your device were found"

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
see'ing as though ive messed it up, im going to install OS 5.0 - ledge. haha

Bus w**ker
Sym0n you seem pretty clued up in BBs!

Just got an 8800.. want to update the OS, but it didnt come with a cd for the software to use my pc to back-up and update it etc, where can i get the software?
You'll need BB Desktop Manager mate, which you can get 5.0 from here. Pick version 5.0 and it's your choice then if you go for the one with Roxio media manager or not.

You'll also want to get the latest OS for the 8800 which you can get from here. Just be sure to fully back up your phone first and remember to delete vendor.xml (details in the linked thread).

Is there a way to manually install, as it doesnt want to do it via apploader. it says when i select the .alx file... "no additional applications for your device were found"
You could try overwriting the files in the install directory for your DM, load the DM and it should show BBM 5 which you can then use the update thing to install to your phone.

see'ing as though ive messed it up, im going to install OS 5.0 - ledge. haha
Let me know what it's like, I'm too paranoid to run beta OS lol.

AK

M240i
lol :( been on and off the phone to shitey vodafone all day and its still not sorted!

Think i know the order of there pischy hold music off by heart!!

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Been trying to tget the beta os 5 installed but having no joy, it doesnt seem to want to recognise it. Nips. Will keep trying and keep you all posted.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Completely wiped my phone, to the point where i had no operating system at all on it. Its currently instaling os 5, finally got it to work.

yey. Hopefully is will work okay

Bus w**ker
I spent from 11am till 7pm yesterday fixing my Bold after I balls it up and got stuck in a loop with "App Error 523" :(. All sorted now though and working better than ever, even managed to get .282 running on it with no problems...still not brave enough to run 5.0 though lol.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Its seems to have all installed perfectly, the new screen when you do a battery pull looks swish!

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Tried OS 5 - didnt go as well as planned. Seemed to be fine, then starting error'ing - wouldnt let me open browser etc... think i will wait for the official release. Going to wind back my OS

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
:( Why everytime I install soemthing does it remove my bb browser and give me vodafone live!

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Pissing s**t bag, ive tried to install OS 5 again.... and its wiped yet again all of my contacts. expect a re-add!! LOL!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols it's doing my tits in today likes! I'm such a noob I should stay away from any updates tbh.