ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BB 'Leave messages on the server'

RB 197
Just set up my BB email account to recieve my mail to my phone. But have just recieved a message 'Action required, leave messages on server'

To basically leave messages on your email server aswel as recieving on my BB.

But i dont have a clue how to do this, it says 'in your email cleint on your computer under tools or mail > preferences.

I am on Hotmail so where do i do this??

Then the step by step guide, which im sure i could do if i knew where to start?

Thanks

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Since my reset my emails aren't coming through instantly, think they fetch every 15 minutes or so.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Go to set up email account then from there you should be able to register your hotmail with your BB simples.

RB 197
Hun, i have done. I went to set up my hotmail account, put in my email address, everything was fine, and then i recieve the message in my BB email box saying the above?

I've just googled it and it appears alot of people have had the same, but with crap responses and i can't seem to find one with setting up with Hotmail.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Hmm what bb is it, not sure about the curves tbh. Sorry.

Pm Symon on here he is a bit of a wiz at bb's.

RB 197
Gally, i just went into my BB email settings and changed the protocol? By chance, i now have a message in my BB email saying now i will recieve new messages in approx 20 mins.
So hopefully my magic 'chancing' will have paid off lol :)

RB 197
Oh and one more question, if you can help?
As i have put a new sim in, and kept my number from my old phone, on my calls list it has the 'new sims' number stated, and not my old number as requested.
I have gone into options and have been able to change this manually, but it is still stating in the call list 'the new sim number' grrr.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure on that one! Where did you find the protocol bit? Did it connect to the browser to go to settings or is it in the options menu?

RB 197
It is in the BB setup, under email setup.

Oh and i just got my first phone email lol, it basically means they come straight to your phone as soon as someone sends me thinks? Rather than that long wait.

Bus w**ker
Pm Symon on here he is a bit of a wiz at bb's.
:eek: You're sweet.

Usually re-sending the service books (via your providers BB site) will sort out any email problems. Although I've no idea where this protocal thing is that Mel is on about. :S

Mel, have you done options -> Advanced Options -> SIM Card -> Edit SIM Phone Number?

Bus w**ker
Oops forgot about this.

Have you done a hard reboot or battery pull since doing it? And is your OS up to date?

Add me to BB messenger if you like:

bbm_barcode.jpg

RB 197
What's your pin Sy? God knows what that weird frog looking barcode is ha!

It appears now to be in working order:D

Bus w**ker
If you've got BB messenger 5 you can basically take a picture of the above and it adds me as a contact... I'm still looking for the frog though, its turning in to one of those f**king magic eye things.

But I've just added you anyway so I wouldn't worry too much lol. You might wanna update your BB though to get the latest stuff.