ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BB Tuning aftercare service!!!

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
the_wanderer said:
as i understand it, torque and bhp have to cross over at 5252rpm (due to the laws of physics), and that first graph is crossing over at more than 6000rpm, which will bias the results to make them look higher!

ask pmurray about it, i hear he's a whizz at these sort of things

Aye, RS Tuning will tell you what is or isn't happening. Murray's your man.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Yes basically:
Do a google for torque and horsepower and there is a quite indepth article of how torque and hp relate eg.

Horsepower = (Torque * RPM) / 5252

I may be wrong but when we are talking big power the graph scale is altered to compensate and can cross at a different point. Like i say though may be wrong.

As for that graph! WTF! that looks shocking and appears like it would be an awful car to drive?

Paul

Focus ST
James - Sounds like the car is built ok, just set-up wrong. Can't you get some else (pmurray) to re-map it? Then short term its sorted. Long term bill BB for the remap you had to pay for. Costs covered and you can put this behind you.

I realise it doesn't cover the stress, but you more likely to get costs covered than compensation for feelings etc.

Just a thought....

the_wanderer said:
as i understand it, torque and bhp have to cross over at 5252rpm (due to the laws of physics), and that first graph is crossing over at more than 6000rpm, which will bias the results to make them look higher!

ask pmurray about it, i hear he's a whizz at these sort of things

They only cross at said number if both torque and bhp lines use the same axis or both axis have the same scale, which they arent in the first graph........dont know why people do that, but they do sometimes.

The second graph has both torque and bhp on the same axis.

Gweebs said:
James - Sounds like the car is built ok, just set-up wrong. Can't you get some else (pmurray) to re-map it? Then short term its sorted. Long term bill BB for the remap you had to pay for. Costs covered and you can put this behind you.

I realise it doesn't cover the stress, but you more likely to get costs covered than compensation for feelings etc.

Just a thought....

The problem isnt the mapping really, not matter what you do you cannot compensate for map pulsations at idle speeds due to high overlap periods, which is what is causing the car to run like the preverbial sack.......and is why they altered the timing to close up the overlap from the factory timing settings.

2005 Nissan Navara
Basically the only real way to get this car running sweet on those cams is to have an after-market ECU controlling the engine, which ISNT running MAP for load correction. Its either that, or they change the cams for a profile suitable for OE managment.

Focus ST
BenR said:
The problem isnt the mapping really, not matter what you do you cannot compensate for map pulsations at idle speeds due to high overlap periods, which is what is causing the car to run like the preverbial sack.......and is why they altered the timing to close up the overlap from the factory timing settings.

My bad....:S

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
Thanks guys. You,ve basically repeated what alot of other tuning companies have said. And ALL i want is for my car to run sweet. Ive considered my options but all of them are going to cost me alot of money but its getting the conpensation back thats going to be the hard part. Suppose i could just get over it pay out my money then ask bb for ANOTHER GO on their rollers are see the look on their faces when my car pulls about 220bhp which in reality is about right according to their set up. Ive questioned their rollers as well and all i was told was to call-up the company who built the rollers and tell them their equipment was out! As others have said as well their rollers may not be broken just the programe their running is giving out too higher reading.
If the difference between the two was close then id except the saying "Every rollers are different" but this is miles out and a lose of 22horse power isnt funny!

They really are pricks.. to tell you to call up the RR'd company to tell them to fix it! WTF.. have they any idea what kind of bullshit that is. Your paying THEM for christ sake... Not the other way around! Idiots. If you owned BB and a member of your staff was acting this unprofessional and treated your customers like crap... you would sack the little s**t for not doing there job! Problem here is.... the little s**t is the owner whos running BB! Crazy.

Keep us posted.... one way or another... you need your money back and stay well clear of them... which most of us will be doing from now on!

Last edited:
  GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
Mmm may just be a coinscidence but bb have now started up a mail order service where you fit the products yourself!!!!!!!

MY04 Scooby STi
Dude I have just seen the thread and read the whole thing. I remember that night in Sourthend when you said the car hadnt been running right. I do feel for you and I hope that other people can only learn from these problems your having. I hope you get that animals fixed

Chocolate Bar™
think thats rediculous myself. i doubt greatly that many members would want to buy cams etc. without having them installed, as i for one wouldnt have a clue what i was doing.

sounds like things are getting worse

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
i think basically bbt are in the s**t, suspended their telephone lines indefinately, suspended their workshop, they are now a web only based company with no phone number!
and lets face it behaving like a bunch of amateurs

R26
I feel for you mate, no one needs this to happen. I've read the whole thread and I am on board with alot of people in saying that I will not even consider using this comapny for any work to my Clio. Also, seeing as they threatened you and have clearly not fulfilled their part of the service fully I would seriously consider some sort of legal action.

Whatever happens DO NOT give them more money. I hope you get this sorted.

R

rich[182]

i think basically bbt are in the s**t, suspended their telephone lines indefinately, suspended their workshop, they are now a web only based company with no phone number!
and lets face it behaving like a bunch of amateurs

So glad I didn't sign up to the GroupN reflash offer, I was soooo close, I wonder if they'll still be arround come FCS 2007 ? Sounds like something major is going on their

172 ph1
From BBPT website: "Also our workshop services will be trimmed back to allow us to concentrate on more product development and innovation. Over recent years we have found more and more demand for new products and with key members of the company commiting time to oversee duties in a busy workshop environment, its very difficult to allocate, if any time at all to new projects. (At this moment in time all workshop services including rolling road have been put on hold, hence why fitted only items and fitted prices have been temporily removed from the website."

You don't suspend a "busy workshop" to work on new products.

Anyone work for a credit check company??

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
aye, sounds like they've bitten off more than they can chew. First rule of digging yourself out of a hole is to concentrate on what you do best. Shutting down the workshop to concentrate on mail orders sounds like they have excessive stock and are trying to sell it off. Company won't be round for much longer unless they rebrand

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
From BBPT website: "Also our workshop services will be trimmed back to allow us to concentrate on more product development and innovation. Over recent years we have found more and more demand for new products and with key members of the company commiting time to oversee duties in a busy workshop environment, its very difficult to allocate, if any time at all to new projects. (At this moment in time all workshop services including rolling road have been put on hold, hence why fitted only items and fitted prices have been temporily removed from the website."

You don't suspend a "busy workshop" to work on new products.

Anyone work for a credit check company??

lol have we made bbpt go bust?!

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
Just got back from a few days break so just catching up on the comments.
All i can say is from while i was away-
"Driving round centre parks at 10mph was jolly fun kangerooing everywhere"!!
:dapprove: