ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Beat 185

Clio 172
Hi all,

I've bought the above unit used from fleabay but when I opened up the package, the adaptor came as in the pic below. I can't connect it to the car without the other end therefore I emailed the seller back to ask if they had the other end but they replied that's how it came. I've brought previous units before and I'm pretty sure most units have 2 rectangle connectors on their iso-power leads. I haven't had this brand before so can anyone shed any light on this please?? It'd rather not hard-wire this to the car as I've previously messed up my golf's electrics doing things this way.

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv159/astang168/misc/IMAG0076.jpg

Cheers,

Ant

Last edited by a moderator:
  Polo + Micra
just get the iso connector (can't remember which gender) to bare ends of ebay and connect it to the lead you have

so then you can just plug it in

Clio 172
do you mean getting the an iso-power lead for the 172 from another stereo manufacturer, and connect the wires up by the same colour??

Polo + Micra
well iso is pretty much standard so get one of these (if it's the right end)

and connect the two sets of bare ends together in the right order and then it should just plug into the car

Clio 172
Thanks Dink for your help, was about just about to send you a similar link.

Well I'm picking up the car next week and not sure which gender to go for, so will have to wait.

thats the right one,
that must be a very old unit as any Beat units I have ever seen come with an ISO lead
4x25w is pretty poor btw

Clio 172
thats the right one,
that must be a very old unit as any Beat units I have ever seen come with an ISO lead
4x25w is pretty poor btw

It's a very new unit actually but the reason for needing such adaptation is because I brought it used online and I suspect the previous ownder had cut off the wires for some odd reason. I agree the output is pretty naff but I intend to link it up to an amp. The main reason I brought it is because I like the idea of carrying most the music on a USB or SD card.