ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Been bumed BIG STYLE :(

CLS, RS MEG
I took the xenons off. As they would deff write the car off with them on. (i retro fitted them anyway) They still work. But all the clips are broke and the casings are cracked. Any offers :) ??? i also have a perfect cup splitter i took off it, again offers?

Chocolate Bar™
now u see everyone said about my car 'write off defo' but i really dont think that is. My car is a similar value, yet it needed new bumper, wing, bonnet, electric door regulator, head light, airbox and air filter, battery and some other engine work and a new arch, and front cross member (think thats what its called) and that wasnt written off. Obviously if its not straight it'll be a write off, but personally i think it'll be ok

Chocolate Bar™
ah right didnt know that... u'll have to wait and see! just take everything off the car u can

Burgandy 174 sport t
id start swapping bits to get as much money as u can, wheels interior? badges?

Last edited:
  CLS, RS MEG
Ive taken the lights and splitter off, can't swap anything else as the cars at a compound and ive not anything to swap them with. If its written off i want to buy it back off them. I know the fronts repairable, but the boot floor is bent, as is the drivers rear quater. Basically a crease mark after the petrol cap. Can a new floor be welded in place? Ill get some other pics up in 10...

CLS, RS MEG
If the insurance company allow me to buy back the car, does this look repairable?

All the seatbelt pretensioners have fired, so the belts are really tight like this. The drivers seat belt is really long and stiff. SERV light is now on. airbags are all in tact which i was surprised about
DSC00863.gif

Boot floor. i think the spare wheel took a great deal of the impact.
DSC00867.gif

DSC00868.gif

The roof is fine, and under the car looks straight (to my eye anyway) Its just this panal crease
DSC00871.gif

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
i got hit in the rear in my 04 dynamique, got hit about 10-15mph and my car was close to a write off according to insurance and the repair garage, the spare wheel had popped up under impact and my car was about 3 inches shorter due to the impact, it needed a new spare tyre because that had been damaged by the interior plastics, these needed replacing, as did most of the boot carpets, i managed to get some scratches sorted aswell because of the other blokes 'debris' glass which was lucky!

i think it depends from car to car on how well they are made, i kn ow its a production line however there are some better than others, and also i had my brakes on slightly, and they stopped the car bouncing forward, however im guessing because you hit the car infront of you your brakes wernt on?

feel sorry for you mate, i know how much hassle it is, and hope you get it all sorted, i suppose the only brightside is that at least it isnt a claim in your name so after it's all done you shouldnt have a problem with insurance.

CLS, RS MEG
I’m considering cloning the car onto another dynamique. I've seen one for sale for £2000, bit scruffy, but no previous accident damage, with service history etc, and its pearl black. For some stupid reason, i only like this car as it looked the nuts and was cheap to run. I only want a 172.182 to replace it, which i can't afford until February.
What’s stopping me buying another run down dynamique cheap, strip it of wings and bumpers and sell them. Transfer my good body parts on to the new one, get a new rear bumper. Swap the rensport interior/ steering wheel/ reg plate. I'll be back to where a started, but be in a car with no previous accident damage. Which should be worth more than mine was anyway.

Should be a fun project if nothing else.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
if i was you, id try to but back the car if it's nice and cheap, sell on anything thats worth anything then scrap the car, then buy a shed just to get you over christmas, then when you can afford a 182/172, you have your insurance money + whatever profit you make selling the parts over buying the car back and the cheap run around for a good base to buy the clio sport, or, not buy the car back if it isnt worth it, then still buy a shed until you can afford the clio sport and hopefully have a fair whack of your insurance money left to fund it.

either way i wouldnt go to the trouble of buying another clio and transferring the parts if you plan to swap for a 182/172 early next year.

CLS, RS MEG
i know i know :( I just miss it to much. Im not driving about in a shitt3r until Early March though :) However i could sell on the car in march less the parts if i keep the original bumpers. I want my existing car back so i can strip it completly. Scrap the useless shell and have nightrider back again. Yes! Im going to do this.... im on a mission.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
i can see what you mean!

good luck with it, do you know how much the insurance want for your write off?

CLS, RS MEG
nope. They'll probably want the car so they can make money from the parts. It's being accessed tomorrow. I've still got the V5 form so it's mine until i sign it over.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
well i hope it all goes good for you, if you get a new car post up the pictures for everyone!

CLS, RS MEG
Don't know whats happening with the car yet. If i get payed out, i want to buy it back, then maybe put the bits on another clio. Will sell the rest though.

hi i repair a lot of clios have u any bits for sale or even if your sellin the car

S13
My mate got rear ended, boot was all bent up as was the boot floor and he had a crease in the rear quarter, they put it on a jig and it was a straight as a nail.. until he crashed it into a wall at 50mph..