ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Been looking at a 182 - issue?

Inferno 182
I've been looking at buying a 182 and I've found one that seems cheap but it's obviously cheap for a reason, it's a 2005 and its on 59k, the owner doesn't know if its been serviced since 24k and it hasn't had the cambelt done nor does she think the aux belt has been done... She doesn't think the oil has been changed since the 24k service. I'm assuming 35k without an oil change isn't great for these engines. I'd rather pay a premium and buy a car I know has been looked after, should I just find another one?

Flame 172 (Ph2)
Bloody norah! And I bet this is the story of over half the cars in the UK.

"Put oil in the engine? I thought it was petrol..."

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
'i've found a cheap one'

'Its cheap for a reason'

'Shall I find another one'

You've answered your own question mate. IT will have oil like sand ridden treacle, the belt(s) are overdue and I'll put money on it that its got ditchfinders on all four corners.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
If it's local, its worth a look.

Not sure how someone can't know if its been serviced or not? Maybe her fella takes care of all that stuff. Worth asking.

A quick dip of the oil will tell you

RB 182 195bhp
Fair point tbh, just look for another one there are loads of minters about. Also thinking about it everything will be abused and unloved, shocks, wheels will more than likely be curbed, never warmed up properly etc

RB 182 FF
Buy cheap buy twice they say........ Get a well looked after one for a good price, theyre out there! :)

Inferno 182
It's at £2300 so not 'cheap' cheap... I'd pretty much made the decision not to buy it, it was advertised with service history so I was pretty pissed off when I emailed the seller. Plus it's silver haha

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Hmmm. I bet you could get it for £2k. Quick service and belt change and its a decent motor if the body is straight

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
Even £2k for that is a bit rich IMO!

Paid less than that for mine, fair enough it's done more miles (was still below average), it had full history, new drille and grooved discs front and back, 3mth old piper cat back system and simota enclosed induction, plus belts were changed 20k before I bought it.
And it was blue with both cup packs.
Wheels need a refurb though, faces are scratched.
Had 3mths tax still on it and drove like a dream.
So, Definitely better buys out there, depends what you get it down to I suppose...