ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Beeping when locking sometimes

Clio 182 Cup FF
I have a 182 2005 model and i cant understand it but sometimes i lock the car it will beep at me but other times it wont.

I have tried all the usal stuff... doors left open. windows .. lights ( but they are automatic)

It just beeps 3 times like a normal alarm would when it locks but it just does it every so often. Cant work it out
any ideas anybody?

Phil, it's quite common mate.

some time in the past said:
The alarm is still receiving signals from the ECU telling it the ignition is still on. Usually happens if you switch off, get out and lock the car too quickly. The signal is only received by the alarm for a few seconds, hence why you get a few beeps.

It can only be resolved at a Renault dealer. Ask the dealer to contact the 'Renault alarm help line' and quote reference
'RS+15'.

I took mine to Westover New Milton with the above information. At first they looked confused, but when they phoned up they came back asking for the keys. Hasn't done in since!

Clio 182 Cup FF
ah nice one, i dont mind it to much when in crowded places as anybody watching knows there is an alarm ;)