ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Beginers camera? n00b :(

Petrol Blue 182.
whats the best camera for a beginger? im looking at d3000 but dont realy have a clue what im looking for :( n00b!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Why isn't the 350d on there?

I thought that would be an ideal cheap starting point for noobs like me? £150+ off the bay and a really good starter camera to boot?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Why isn't the 350d on there?

I thought that would be an ideal cheap starting point for noobs like me? £150+ off the bay and a really good starter camera to boot?

I think Dan's guide was referring to NEW and up to date cameras at the time.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ah as in buying a brand new camera for a newbie.

I need to ask some opinions on the 350d as it's getting a little older now but it's very cheap for a dslr.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Nice Luke.

Is that a Canon? I fancied a Canon over any others.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
No mate Nikon. Tried cannon but prefered the look and feel of the Nikon. Wish i'd have gone cannon a little bit though as the lenses can be had for dirt.

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
I went for Nikon in the end too, the Canon felt abit plasticy for me. Plus the controls are just in the right place on the Nikons to (IMO anyway). I've just got rid of all my kit right enough to save a bit of money so rolling with Panasonic GF1 and 20mm lens just now.

Petrol Blue 182.
ive got eh same problem! im not looking to break the bank but want something semi decent ish and thought the d3000 hit the bill nicely?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Walk into a shop and piss around with boggo spec nikon and canon dslr. decide which one you prefur and then buy one within your budget.

The difference between them for someone who has no previous camera knowledge doesn't really matter.

Buying a D90 or something will get you no better results than a D40 at this stage. Buy the one that feels comfy that you can afford.

Then practice. Practice more. Then practice again. And again. Then keep doing that. Read tutorials. Look at flickr for inspiration and you can see the EXIF too. Then practice.

A lot of people think buying an SLR is an automatic way of much better pictures. It really isn't. If you're just going to buy it, stick it on auto and want to click and go, then it's not really for you and you're probably better off with a Lumix. If you're going to practice and stick with it when your first shots look no different that they would with a phone, then get the SLR.

Cupra
+1 on Revels comments. My wifes little Ixus does better job in full auto than my 5DII would sometimes. It does an amazing job with exposure and fill flash etc. That said, a DLSR will get shots that a compact won't be able to and the quality of the images is a level above.

If you are going to buy a DLSR, you really have to want to learn how to use it properly to get pictures that shine.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's all the different settings and words and numbers that's a little daunting.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's hardly a big gamble money wise until you upgrade from the begginer camera.

Most compacts are more than a 350d at the moment.

535d / t5 caravelle
good thread, i have no idea with these fancy camera's, hope to get one for a similar budget and have a go