ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bel Euro 550

Honda Civic Type R GT

Cos of the blitz in Lancashire Ive just ordered one for £250, are they simple to install/set up ? Any pitfalls that anyone has experienced or any tips about installing it ?

Regards,
Tommy.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

They are easy, just literally plug it in. Make sure its set up for UK use, which I think they should be. Ive had mine over a year now and am well impressed with it. Saved my skin a couple of times!!!

Honda Civic Type R GT

Cheers Jas, does it have to point out off the little rectangle in the middle of the screen ?

Tommy.

Honda Civic Type R GT

Jas, sorry to be a pain on this topic but how have you mounted your 550 ? Ive got mine stuck to the window and Im havin problems picking up Gatsos, not sure if its a little low.

Regards,
Tommy.

You need to mount it so that the front of the device has clear line of vision through the cut out in the wind screen. Some gatsos give out weak signals.

I would also recommend the Origin Blue i if you are travelling to places you dont know as this will give you warnings of fixed positons from way off.

Also the 550 will pickup laser signals but you wont have time to react and reduce your speed unless you are within a few miles/hour of speed limit. The only way to defend yourself here is to get a laser jammer.