ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Belt squeak when cold + full steering lock

2003 172 Cup
My 172 Cup has what sounds like belt squeak coming from the offside front. It only happens when the engine's cold and the steering's at full lock. I noticed it when I first bought the car, but dismissed it since it was due a belt change anyway. I've since had the all the belts changed (by Fred at BTM) and it's still doing it. Could this still be the aux belt? It's just a bit strange it's doing straight after it's been changed by someone who really knows what they're doing.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
The belt will need tightening up a little, can't be bothered to type it out on an iPad but I'm sure there's instructions somewhere. It's three bolts, easy!

2003 172 Cup
Had a quick look today. Is it slacken off three bolts (one at front, two at rear of the alternator) then tighten up the bolt on the protruding thread?