ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Belts etc done

RB 182 FF,1.2 16V
Belts, Dephaser etc all done so thought I'd give the RB182 a quick wash !
Still
20220111_111135.jpg
looking good after 6 years owning.🚙👍

Ed Hodson

ClioSport Club Member
How much did you pay and where did you go to have them done? Mine are due and it'd be handy to know the going-rate.

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
I’m getting mine done at some point soon and it’s looking like £400 for parts and 6 hours labour so not far of £800 it’s very expensive. Some people think it’s cheaper to take the risk and buy a replacement engine lol. About ten years ago you could get the whole job done for £500 at some places and most youtubers Use this old pricing in their buying guides.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I’m getting mine done at some point soon and it’s looking like £400 for parts and 6 hours labour so not far of £800 it’s very expensive. Some people think it’s cheaper to take the risk and buy a replacement engine lol. About ten years ago you could get the whole job done for £500 at some places and most youtubers Use this old pricing in their buying guides.

It's £550 at Diamond Motors for the belt change alone, which is probably the figure most YouTubers are on about.

I don't know why you'd buy a replacement engine and not put fresh belts on it tho? Access is the worst part of changing the belts, and why many people send the job to a garage. With it on a stand that problem is solved.