ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BEN R - Inlet manifold!!!

Hey mate, hope youre enjoying Asia!

Im getting ready to do the swap with the manifolds, but have encountered a problem before I start...

The inlet manifold has a triangle of 3 inlet tubes. One is for the brake servo, another goes to some other pipe, but I dont know what to do with the other. The manifold in mine at the moment only has the two input hoses, so what should I do with the extra one on what I got from you?

Cheers!

(I also have no clue how to heat wrap the exhaust, so may leave that out!)

you can just plug up the hole with thick tape or cork etc etc.

as far as the heat wrap goes...you read the instructions, find out how much you need per branch then cut it and wrap it. then use the rest to go over the entire mfold again.

you need to buy some metal tie wraps to hold them on, you can get them from your local motor factors (i.e. not halfords) just ask for the things you get in CV joint kits.

do you like the porting?

Im very impressed mate, looks very pretty! But to be honest, Ive never looked inside a manifold before, so Im taking your word on how good it is.
Do you have any idea why theres that extra hole on it anyways? Is cork ok to plug it up, I dont know how much heat cork will withstand!

As for the heat wrapping, it looks very awkward as the pipes r only small, and theres not a great deal of space around them!

Would you want my current manifolds when you return to the UK?

yup, ill like you manifolds.

heat wrapping is good, but if you dont want it, ill buy it back off ya.

real cork can withstand teh engine bay easy, they used to make gasket out of it.
but put tape over it to so it dont fall out, and also make sure it aint gonna get sucked in!! if you taper it itll be fine.

but try find out what the extra hole is for first, look at other clios.

compare the size when you get it off!!!!