ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best 0-60 sprint

thats a good question there must be someone on here who has spent a few ££££s on the engine who could get just above 5 seconds maybe???

dunno.

My best is 5.6 " donny south.

Think i could go quicker if i did full throttle changes...

:-(

Yassers is probably one of the quickest at 0-60 as he has a gripper diff in there.

/y0z

I was just wondering about the limitations on the sprint due to traction, would you say there is an optimum level of power/torque, I know the turbo conversion companies say a sub 5 sec 0-60, but I cant see this being achievable, any thoughts???

Clio 200 Cup

Sub 5 second in a FWD car on road tyres would be just about impossible, traction is the killer. I know of a few 350+bhp ibizas and the best timed 0-60 of them is around 5 and a half, with around 10 seconds to 100mph

Is 0-60 really the best measure of a cars performance? We all know that a WRX is great to 60, but to a ton is where a standard 172/182 would make it up.

BMW 320d Sport

LOL sorry to rain on anyones parade but for the benefit of those who didnt know, it was a timing error...

Ive done a 0-60 in 5.57 on 17s with my Clio running around 210bhp when it wasnt in great tune last year, on low boost while waiting for a new chip. My gut feeling is that in a fwd Clio youd probably hit an optimum of high 4s with 250-300bhp. This would be in road spec with 15" drag radials and would have been what I would have been aiming for at FCS this year if I wasnt selling my Clio! It certainly would be possible, but traction is definitely the main problem.

If you were determined to build a 0-60 sprint Clio, youd basically want to run full-on soft drag slicks (not track slicks), put as much tyre width on as possible, try and keep any extra footprint on the inside rather than the outside of the existing track, jack up the rear on big rims and drop the front to the ground with soft suspension.

Nippy white cup

Ive got a 5.8 0-60 with chip and exhaust (std filter) Also just changed my tyres as they were very low...maybe quicker with new tyre?

Chris

Quote: Originally posted by Chris nnic on 15 May 2005

Ive got a 5.8 0-60 with chip and exhaust (std filter) Also just changed my tyres as they were very low...maybe quicker with new tyre?

Chris
Dreamer!! heheh I think you stole the timing slip from someone ;)

Nippy white cup

lol I was getting a bit nervous when you asked to have a look...felt sure it was going to go out of the window lol :D

Chris