This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
looking into the possibility of a new ECU and subsequent remap. Really wondered on comments from people who have done this and what the best ones and gains.
You got a couple of choices. All mixed opinions, but you have a reflash say RSport/GroupN, Live maps done in conjunction with other mods and piggyback ecu's like Omex/SMT. Prices vary, can get a reflash for around £250, live maps around £350-400 then piggybacks are bought and then live mapped (I think). I think it all boils down to what mods you are doing/done.
If you got say induction/exhuast then reflash is fine, say if you've also got inlet/plenum and engine work then live remap then piggbacks for more extensive mods thus cam/itbs etc. People have run inlet work on reflash and had no problem. I think its said the work can make the engine run lean, as the AFR needs to be adjusted. I think i've got the above right, if not I am sure a Guru will adjust