ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best air intake?

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
Hi guys, so my stoke air intake hose has a hole and I can't seem to fix it, can't find the oem one so I might as well replace the air box, what do you guys recommend?

None of them make any difference to performance or power. Some people prefer the more throaty sound of a cone filter.

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
None of them make any difference to performance or power. Some people prefer the more throaty sound of a cone filter.
I really don't care about performance gains I just want my cr to breath cold air lol

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
The Fatty induction kit is the best one in my view. Sounds really good and is cheap. Basically, buy a 90 degree alloy bend off eBay, and a matching Ram Air filter, and put it in. Can't remember the pipe diameter you need, but I'm sure someone will know.

For about £40, you can't go wrong. If you're feeling flush, you can also add a silicone hose from the alloy bend to the throttle body. Think they're about £45 on eBay.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Seen loads known as 'the best' over the years, ITG Maxogen has always been around but is very expensive new although they do come up second hand now and then, otherwise the KTEC/JMRS kit a few years ago gave good gains (for a N/A Clio) for the price especially alongside matched inlets, both use Ramair filters, which for the KTEC one as such is abit of a s**t filter, unsure on the JMRS. I changed my filter for a large K&N, but this does mute the sound slightly if that’s what you're after. The cheap route as noted above is just to buy a cheap ali pipe and cheap filter off ebay.

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Hi,
Is the ph1 airbox better than ph2?
I can't find any KN air filter for the fatty setup, as the ramair is cheap quality.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Yea supposedly it's a tiny bit better for power, plenty of companies make filter elements for the Ph.1 Box.

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Yea supposedly it's a tiny bit better for power, plenty of companies make filter elements for the Ph.1 Box.
The idea is that both airboxes have air feed bigger than throttle body, so I assume with the same material of air filter should be fine. Also r3 has a square filter, and not a cylinder shape.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
My JMRS induction kit is fine for how much I use my 172, rarely, but as a daily it would drive me mad.