ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Anti-Virus

Whats the best one out there at the minute, not fussed if it's free or have to pay for it?

After battling with XP Pro 2010 virus I need something to keep this crap out.

Cupra
After reading some posts here, I am now sold on MS security essentials. It's free and seems to do the job well.

PH1 iceburg
My norton had 1 day left so i have just un installed it and downloaded ms security essentials, norton slowed the laptop down so bad.

Hopefully ms will be better

BMW 330ci Clubsport

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
My norton had 1 day left so i have just un installed it and downloaded ms security essentials, norton slowed the laptop down so bad.

Hopefully ms will be better

Nice one. Norton has battered every single PC that I've seen it installed on. Hideous, overweight, invasive bloat-ware - imo.

D.

Clio 1.5 dCi GT
I use both of these, works a treat. Been using them on Vista for 2 years now (Same install) and had no issues! (Also no BSOD, wahey)

colossuss presumably you are not running both antiviruses together? Have you installed the new Comodo CIS 4 yet? It is a great improvement on version 3 and asks very few questions as anything it doesn't recognise is run in a sandbox so cannot affect your system.

Better than yours. C*nt.
How did I know I'd walk into a thread with this title to KDF declaring that Linux is the best AV and Tom (although I expected Dannel to beat him) with a similar response for OSX.

NOD32 is probably the best on the market, but if you're getting the full suite, including the firewall then I wouldn't bother. The firewall isn't very good.

If you need firewall and AV then get the Comodo suite. One of the best in the market and free!

Also, LOL @ Tom thinking viruses don't exist on Macs

Clio 1.5 dCi GT
Good to see other Comodo users around. I am one of their long term beta testers and the new version is heading for being the best Windows anti-malware app. ever and of course free to everyone. Why pay for something which cannot protect you? Just reviewed by Matt from Removemalware.com, but you would need some time to watch it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo69WyrzCkw