ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Back Box 4 Mk2 172

With a performance car you have to be careful, the exhaust is developed to aid as well as just cut emissions etc. Therefore a lot of systems will lose power. Obvious ones like K-tec and Magnex would prevent this. I would go to Hayward and Scott, probably the best custom exhaust makers in the UK. They now are official suppliers to some Subaru and Mitsi dealerships, their full systems give up to 30bhp in the Scooby! Obviously you wont get that amount of gains but build quality is peerless and well worth the money. I had one on my old golf and it was exceptional.

-Rob

RB5 & 172

read on here that a couple of people have a magnex on the mk2 (i think).

I have a magnex system on my mk1 and would recomend it.

Cheers ppl.

I spoke to Haward & Scott the other day, they said they will need the car for 3 days. Not really very practical at the mo. :(

Jimblive is your magnex system cat back? how much louder is it, and do you gat any drone at motorway speeds?

Im only after the back box. I dont think I would notice the small gain of a full system, and its the sound which appeals most.

RB5 & 172

mine is a cat back system (i think the standard system is 1 piece from the cat back so it would have to be cut to have just the rear section put on, not 100% sure on a mk2 though).

it is louder than the exsisting zorst and has a really nice burble at low revs. it does sound really nice not to over the top. at motorway speeds it gets a little droney around 80 but not enough to p*ss you off.

i had a induction kit and magnex on my last car which was really loud and my other half moaned like mad about the noise, she admits this one is loud but has not moaned, yet.

I have the twin 3.5inch ill take a pic if you like?

all in all i really like it, just the noise increase i was after as do loads of miles.

Sounds like Magnex are the ppl to talk to then?

Thanks jimblive, yeah some pics would be good.

Cheers.

Anyone fitted a Magnex system to there Mk2 172?

So youre only after sound then? Most of the systems for the 172 just seem to make it boomy and dont add any power - 1-2bhp if youre lucky....

ICE'dberg MK2 172

The new K-tec system is a lot quieter now and has been compared to the Magnex.

Now mine has settled down it is mint!!

Clio 200 FF

i had a magnex cat back on my mk2 172, the tailbox was positioned too far towards the rear of the car so the pipe caught on the axle and the twin tails rubbed on the rear bumper. The rear pipes came away from the silencer box and after 3 weeks of agro with magnex i eventually had them rewelded which looked cack

It got to the stage i was so peed off i had the standard system refitted (1 piece so had to be welded back together)

Hello, any chance of posting the pics of your magnex exhaust mate??

I dont like the 6x4 oval magnex at all (no offence to those who have one) but im thinking that a twin 3.5" system will look a bit big and i dont want me clio to look like its a nova with a set of bakebean cans on the back! I use to have a 106 which had a twin 2.5" tail pips and that looked and suited the car perfect! :cool:

Magnex exhausts are undoubtly great zorts, just not sure on there current tail pipe designs :confused:

S2000

I am after a new back box as well, Im sure the baffles on my backbox are gone or going, been getting progressely worse for a while now. I dont want to put another Renualt oem one back on, only for it to go in 8 months time! I only want the back box though, so any other contenders other than magnex or KTEC??

Clio 200 FF

larkspeed sell a janspeed mild steel full system with twin tails for £200 from cat back or a stainless system for £300, seem cheap enough

Clio 1.6 16V

Magnex twin 3.5" CAT back + MK2 172 = "peaches and cream" ...... lurrrrvly! Like Robby, I initially had problems with the exhaust fouling the rear suspension beam under acceleration (with -40mm springs). Dealer moved the system forward about 10mm and since has been fine. A bit expensive but good quality and NOT too loud .... well recommended IMHO. Neil

Sorry for all the pictures ... but just cant help myself!!!!

http://www.fifegallery.co.uk/domains/cliosport/exhaust_magnex01.jpg

http://www.fifegallery.co.uk/domains/cliosport/exhaust_magnex02.jpg

http://www.fifegallery.co.uk/domains/cliosport/exhaust_magnex03.jpg